31

We did not stay on the yacht for very long, which I learned that's what it was called. It was about an hour later that we got back on the small motor boat and made our way to the shore. Once we were in the limo, I let out a deep breath closing my eyes, and leaned back into the soft leather seat. Namjoon climbed in behind me pulling the door shut. My eyes were still closed, and I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

I was so happy.

I felt the vehicle move and I felt Namjoon's hand land on the top of my exposed knee. "You alright?"

"Oh...I'm better than alright." I turned my head and opened my eyes to see Namjoon looking back at me, his smile soft and his eyes warm. "Thank you for tonight. It was incredible and I will never forget it."

"Neither will I." He smiled.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, you can." He moved hs hand from my knee and laced his fingers between mine. "You can ask me anything you want, whenever you want."

"Why did you go to this much effort just to as me to be your girlfriend?"

He didn't answer right away, which was fine. But then he smiled and my heart raced again. "Anyone could just ask you to be theirs." He explained. "I won't lie, I was pretty confident of your answer, and if I had asked in our swimming pool, or in your studio, or even sitting on the couch, I knew you would smile and say yes."

"Oh, you did?"

"Oh, I did." he said lifting his eye brows twice teasingly. "But then I thought...that's so boring. Way too basic. I wanted to see you smile bigger. I wanted to see you so happy you would barely be able to contain yourself. So, I wanted to do something romantic, something extravagant, but not anything too cheesy. I know copying a Disney movie might be a little cheesy but, I figured since I pulled it off flawlessly, I would get a pass."

"It wasn't cheesy." I said barely above a whisper. "It was amazing." He leaned forward and kissed me softly before pulling back. "But just so you know, I would have said yes no matter how you asked me." I stuck my tongue out to him and he chuckled.

"I'm glad I did it this way. You're beautiful every day, but when you're happy..." he paused and smiled even bigger, his dimples deep in his cheeks. "...you are stunning."

I felt my heart bloom with that same warmth I had been feeling every time I was around Namjoon. I didn't know what I could say in return so I leaned and climbed onto his lap, straddling his lap. I snuggled into his neck, and pushed my fingers thought his hair to scratch his head softly. He wrapped me in his embrace and held me closely, his nose tucked under my ear.

"I am happy." I was able to breath out after a while. "I've never been so happy in my life."

He didn't reply but squeezed me tightly, and we stayed like that for the entire ride home. I did not realize I fell asleep until I woke up hours later. I was in my panties and one of Namjoon's t-shirts, tucked into the covers of his bed. When I moved, I felt the other side of the bed vacant, and leaned up to see my dress hanging on a hanger outside his closet.

There was faint echo of music playing from down stairs, so I decided to find him. I followed the music going down his stairs and down the hallway towards the library. When I cracked open the door, I could see Namjoon sitting on a leather couch, leaned over with his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands.

His shoulders were shaking slightly, and I heard soft sniffles over the music giving me a sinking feeling.

He was crying.

"Namjoon?" I called to him soflty, not wanting to startle him.

His head jerked up, and his eyes were wet and wide. "Noona. I'm so sorry, did I wake you?" he spoke as he dried his eyes, and I quickly made my way to him cupping his face in my hands.