33~ Respect Your Hyung!

I had seen it right after I'd broken free from the vision. Taehyung's aura had been outlined in blue right before it faded.

He'd somehow sent me a glimpse of a near future that he wanted me to see. And somehow, he'd affected the men behind us, leaving his signature blue color on all their auras.

"That's ridiculous," Jungkook snapped angrily. "I've known Taehyung for over nine years. He's definitely not a Genie."

Taehyung chuckled a little. "Technically both of you are right. I once was a Genie. Still am. But not the same kind that you are, Love Genie."

"Wait what??" Jungkook gaped at Taehyung.

"Obviously you're not the same Genie as me, you're an Oracle Genie," I was slowly starting to regain my sense of emotions.

Taehyung was a Genie. He was a Genie. A mother freaking Oracle Genie.

"No, I mean," Taehyung paused and tilted his head. "I'm not really a Genie anymore. I no longer am bound to three wishes and a master. I still have a lamp, but I am no longer contained at a certain distance. I can travel as far as I want from my lamp."

"That's impossible," I gasped. "No way. There's no way..."

"I'll explain later to both of you," Taehyung shot me a bold wink. "For now, you guys need to drive off out of here quickly. I'm functioning on a certain future I see where everyone is happy in the end, but you guys need to scoot it now to maintain that future."

"Taehyung get a hold of yourself," Jungkook reached over and smacked Taehyung's shoulder. "You've been with us. You've fought along side us and been hunted by the Red Agents themselves. You know our mission."

"I know your mission," Taehyung fired back, voice suddenly becoming more hard and grave. "And by the way, I'm your hyung here Jungkook where's your honorifics?"

Jungkook suddenly seemed to realize he dun goofed and clicked his mouth shut.

"Your mission is to redeem yourself with NIS and stop getting hunted by every person alive. Your mission to redeem yourself from the April tragedy."

Jungkook's aura flickered and instantly darkened. I realized I never did find out what happened in April that was so bad.

"But my mission is to look at the big picture," Taehyung continued on mercilessly. "Yes, the NIS and Dexter are threats and dangerous. But, they're not the biggest threat. The Red Agents are just doing their job while Dexter just a pawn to the real mastermind behind all of this."

"What are you talking about, hyung?" Jungkook asked quietly, this time ensuring he did indeed use honorifics.

Taehyung gave one final shove and Jungkook allowed himself to be pushed into he driver's seat of the new black car. "Upgrade," the Oracle Genie smirked a little. "This car is faster than the last car, and it's even bulletproof. I've set up the GPS system to your next destination."

"Which is?" I prompted as I slowly opened the passenger side of the car.

"You'll see," Taehyung grinned. "By the way here are your Micro-Comms. Switch them on at exactly 8 PM tomorrow when you arrive at your destination, got it?"

"What are you going to do?" Jungkook protested.

"Well somebody has to get Dexter into custody while we have the chance, right?" Taehyung shrugged. "Don't mind me. I know exactly what I'm doing."

"It just seems... too easy," Jungkook stammered. "After all we've done to catch him..."

"Oh trust me, it was easy to catch Dexter all along," Taehyung replied gravely. "It's catching the evil Genie himself that's the difficult part."

"What did you even do to all the men?" I glanced back at the men.

Most of them had fallen silent, resulting to just whimper now. One guy was crying for his mommy and curling himself into a tiny ball.

"I pressed one of the most horrific futures I see onto them," Taehyung shrugged nonchalantly. "It's quite terrifying as you can tell."

I swallowed hard. Suddenly, being an Oracle Genie seemed like a real pain in the butt in having to see all the possible futures. It never occurred to me how some of them could be terrifying.

"Now enough questions," Taehyung clapped his hands sharply. "The clock is ticking and we all need to move quick, got it? Follow the GPS and drive as fast as you can."

"Why is it speeding all the time with you guys?" I groaned softly as I finally got into the passenger seat.

"Taehyung..." Jungkook began.

"Don't worry about me okay?" Taehyung clapped a hand over Jungkook's shoulder. "Get this mission accomplished and we'll all be together again, happy and content in no time. You guys are at the last stretch now."

"But our mission was to..."

"Yes," Taehyung cut in, annoyance edging his voice again. "But it's changed now. Be on guard at all times. I believe in you guys okay?"

Jungkook swallowed hard and nodded.

"Good man. And Love Genie," Taehyung leaned down to peer at me from the driver's doorway. "You're more powerful than you think. You're the one to defeat the evil Genie. It's been woven in your destiny since the moment you became a Genie."

I blinked slowly. "Dude, he's a freaking evil Genie with phenomenal cosmic powers and I'm a Love Genie who gets energy from literally attraction."

"You need to stop undermining yourself," Taehyung sighed heavily. "You're the only one who can stop him."

"Are you even hearing what I'm saying? Like, can we cut the whole 'you're the chosen one' thing and leave it in Star Wars where it belongs?" I demanded, struggling to maintain my control. "I'm not going to be able to stop him. Our best bet is to at least hold Dexter prisoner and keep him away from the lamp as long as possible."

"You don't understand," he sighed wearily. "You wouldn't. It's been too long. Look into your past if you can. It holds the answers you need to destroy the genie."

♡|♡|♡|♡|♡|♡