Ch. 53

Next chapter won't be posted for at least a week or so, as I am getting ready to move and still working like crazy. However, I wanted to give you all at least a chapter, since it's been almost a week!

Enjoy! 🖤

-The Next Night-

Ariana's POV:

"Thank you everyone for another great night! I love you all!" I say to my fans.

We've just finished the last concert of the week and normally I'd be bouncing off the walls with happiness. However, before the show, Scooter told me that he had something he wanted to talk about after the show.

I have no idea what he wants to talk about, because I already told him about going on a mini vacation with Y/n. And surprisingly he was all for it, apparently he too thinks I haven't had enough time to relax or be with only Y/n.

So, I've been dealing with a pain in my stomach for the last 2 hours, because of my anxiety.

Im determined to know what is on his mind. So, after quickly celebrating yet another concert done with the crew, I make my way to Scooters bus.

When I get to it, I hesitate before knocking.

*Knock-Knock*

"Come in!" I hear Scooter shout.

I get on the bus and find him sitting at a table with his laptop out and a huge coffee cup.

"Hey" he says, without breaking eye contact with his computer screen.

"Hi...So, what'd you wanna talk about?" I ask.

"Take a seat" he tells me.

I do and he finally closes his laptop.

"Let's talk Y/n" he says.

"What about her?" I ask, a little worried.

"She's getting in the way of your career." He says.

"What? No she's not!"

"Ariana, I know you love her, but she isn't famous. She lacks in areas that are crucial to your growth as an artist." He says.

I can't believe the words coming out of his mouth. He was all about Y/m and I the other day and now? Scooters never been like this about anyone I've dated in the past. But, just because Y/n's not known by the world, he thinks she's holding me back?!

"You're wrong. She's done more for my career than any of my past partners! She's helped me become closer with my LGBTQ fans, she knows how to calm me down when I'm about to explode, especially when I need to stay professional, and she's about the best god damn dancer I've ever had the opportunity to work with!"

"Yes, I suppose you're right. However, she's also caused your public image damage with her outbursts, made it almost impossible to keep your schedule on track, and she is well you know..." He says.

"She's what?!"

"Broken." He says.

I'm at a loss for words. Scooter has always been by my side no matter what.

"W-What is this really about Scooter? This can't really be you talking! Who thinks Y/n is holding me back?! And don't lie to me!"

He remains the same for a moment, but when I don't back down he finally crumbles.

"Ariana I'm sorry, you're right. I don't think Y/n is holding you back." He says.

"Then why lie?"