Chapter 25

Harry's POV

The Christmas break is over. Draco and I are currently unpacking in our dorm. Well... More like Draco's unpacking.

"Are you going to tell them?" Draco asked me as the sound of wardrobes and drawers opened and closed.

My face scrunched up in confusion. "Tell who what?"

Draco sighed. "The Weasley family and Hermione that we're, ya know. Dating?"

It was my turn to sigh. "Hermione won't have a problem with it. It's Ron and Ginny I'm afraid of. They won't react well and I don't know how the rest of the Weasley family will react."

"Do you want to keep it a secret?" He asked. His breathing hitched from anticipation for my answer.

"No." I stated quickly. "I-I don't want to be in a hidden relationship, but it's complicated when the whole wizarding world expects you to be perfect. I don't want to lose my friends either, but telling all of them is the right thing to do. I just have to find the right time." I explained thoroughly.

"Don't wait too long then. If they find out by accident they'll be even more upset with you." I only nodded my head. "Let's get down to dinner, shall we?" Draco laced our fingers together and pulled me up off the bed and directed me out the door.

Blaise was waiting for us in the common room. "So are you two officially together?" He asked.

"Yes we are." Draco answered.

I grew nervous. Will he hate us because of it? Will he treat Draco differently?

"Thank Merlin. Took you guys long enough. I was starting to think I had to step in for it to happen."

I smiled at his comment. "Well, we figured it out ourselves. Thanks Blaise. For being supportive."

"You're my best friends boyfriend. And now you're a friend of mine. Of course I'll be supportive." My smile only grew.

"But Blaise. For the time, we're keeping it a secret until Harry tells his friends first. That, and we can't let my father find out. He'll surely end us all." Draco said.

"Yeah, I get that. I don't know if everyone will be supportive of it. Don't worry. I won't tell anyone."

It's good to know I've got more people in my life I can trust.

"Let's go." I told them and the three of us left.

When we were half way to the Great Hall we were stopped. "Mr. Potter, just the man I wanted to see." Madam Pomfrey's voice rang out.

Draco, Blaise, and I all came to a stop.

"Turns out we finally found the right antidote to your blindness. We were able to brew the potion over break and is now ready for you." Professor Snape continued.

My heart leaped. "Are you serious? You mean that I no longer have to be blind?"

"That is correct." Snape replied. "Draco, here's the potion. It might burn him a little so I suggest you go somewhere more private before he takes it."

"Of course." Draco stated. He pulled me to the left of him, turning away from the Great Hall.

Eventually Draco pulled me through a door. "Where are we?"

"Potions room. Blaise, can you watch the door? No one will be here for awhile, but just in case." Draco explained. I didn't know Blaise had followed us, but I'm glad he did.

"No problem." He said before leaving and closing the door. 

Draco sat me down in a chair and handed me a glass bottle.

I popped the cork and smelt the liquid.

I inwardly cringed. "It smells like something died."

He laughed. "I don't think it's supposed to smell good. Just drink it."

I stuck my tongue out at him before I downed the whole potion.

My body tensed up and I gagged. My eyes began to burn and I gripped them tightly. My hands shot up to pressure my burning eyes. My breathing growing rigid.

It wasn't a terrible pain, but it was definitely unpleasant. It feels just like it would if you grazed your fingers on the hot stove by accident or turned the tap water on and didn't realize it was hot.

When the pain subsided I slowed my breathing.

"Are you ok?" Draco asked.

"Yeah... I think."

I felt hands grab my wrists. "Come on. Open your eyes."

He pulled my hands away and I opened them. I instantly shut them as the light blinded me.

After a few moments, I opened my eyes. This time I slowly opened them so they could adjust to the light in the room. First thing I saw were bright grey eyes and platinum blonde hair. "I can see you." I said in a whisper, reaching out and running my hand through his hair.

Draco chuckled. He let go of my other hand and cupped my cheek.

Being able to see again is estatic, but being able to just see Draco again had my heart pounding with adrenaline. I smiled widely before jumping up into Draco's arms. "I can see! Oh my God! Draco, I can see you!"

He lifted me lightly and spun me around. I giggled as I looked down at him. He lowered me and I put a hand on his neck, pulling him closer. Our lips touched. It was sweet and gentle.

"Thank you." I whispered as we pulled away.

Draco just smiled. "Anytime."

I smiled back. "I only now just realized how pretty your eyes are."

Draco chuckled. "Yes, well that will happen when you've been blind."

I slapped his arm playfully. "You know what I mean."

"Yes, I do." He leaned in and kissed me again.

A knock came on the door. "When you two are done snogging, I'd like to get to dinner. I'm hungry!" Blaise called. Draco pulled away and rolled his eyes.

"Let's go." He said before dragging me out of the room.

When we stepped out, Blaise looked at me. "Can you see everything now?"

I nodded my head. "Yes, just like I did before I got hexed.

Blaise smiled. "Good." He said. "Let's go. I'm starving!" He whined.

I chuckled lightly at his antics. "Yeah, yeah, let's go."

The three of us left the potions room and went to the Great Hall. When we got close, Draco let go of my hand.

It instantly grew cold and I frowned, but I didn't say anything. We have to keep it a secret. Just for a bit longer.