Chapter 41

Her platinum blonde hair was neatly  ironed, her face was charming as always.

"Long time Nevaeh, I missed you.." she takes a step forward and attached her tall frame to me. I just stood there not knowing what to say. When did it grow this awkward between us? I reciprocate her warmth and smile. She was different from the last time I have seen her.

"You date did go well after all." Her eyes light up and she looks behind me at Terrence. Sara and Abby immediately greet me and my eyes well up seeing my safety cushions. I was ready to crumble, I was in dire need of some pampering.

"Nevaeh  and I  will join you in a bit. Please feel comfortable." Terrence's hospitality seemed like a warning. The girls gulp and look away.

Have been there.

He grabs my waist and drags me towards his room making me suddenly protest.

"You promised." He Grits his teeth and I silently surrender following his steps.

Once I enter his room which was another showcase of opulence and royalty I don't dwell much on taking the essence of the room. Terrence definitely expected a reaction but I chose not to give one.

"Clothes?"

"There." He motions his head. I start heading when Terrence immediately catches my wrist

"Didn't you like it?" His eyes motion towards the room.

"Its great." I try smiling. He stares at me for good two seconds.

"This will be our room. If there's anything you are hesitant about, please feel free to share it with me."

"This place is lovely. There is nothing trust me."

"Liar." The glint in his eyes suddenly grows vibrant. My smile starts to fade. He takes a step forward and I take one back.

"What does that mean?"
He stops and I hold my breath.

"There is a lot that you hide wife." He huskily whispers.

"Terrence I-I.."
He grabs a twirl of my hair and caresses it making my breath hunch.  I glance at his expression through the corner of my eyes..

Pure desire. His eyes turned a shade darker, instead of making him look more handsome they made him look evil. More sinful and good gracious..so very eerie.
He leans closer and I turn my head aside denying him the proximity.

My eyes fall on the wall plastered, huge lengths mirror which seemed to provide me a good picture of how we looked like. He looked like a lion, a deadly predator in human skin while I looked like helpless rabbit, thrown at his mercy.

Him Leaning into me, seemed so intimate. So personal. So sinful.

"Leave before I rip it down." His eyes fell on my heaving breasts. A Warning. A threat.

That seemed enough because the next moment I'm running towards the bathroom.

**********

I lazily twirled my glass of water eyeing the night sky. It was a full moon night today. The faint glow of the mighty moon spread it's long wide warmth everywhere. I looked at the silent city unable to form a single word. The bullet proof , glass partitioned slide doors restricted my freedom for enjoying the breeze. I looked like a damsel in distress trapped for an eternity with a beast.

"I was searching for you Nevaeh." I turn Around and find Sara folding her hands against her chest and wearing her pJ's

"Couldn't sleep"
"Me too."
She sits beside me on the edge of the railing.