Chapter One

I was sitting on my bed reading a book I had just brought when I heard a faint knocking on my window. When I turned and looked over I was shocked to see that it was my friend, Leigh. I quickly opened the window and she fell in, bounced off my bed and landed on the floor. She was wearing a pink hoodie with a pair of black jeans. She was breathing hard and looked like she had just run a marathon.

"I have so many questions for you. One, what are you doing here? Two, How did you get up to my window? And three, why didn't you just knock on the door." She looked at me with a confused expression and sighed. She was so random that it sometimes scared me, you never knew what she was going to do next.

"I didn't think about the door, I just thought 'hey, why don't I be adventurous and climb through the window. Anyhow, I came to talk to you, schools tomorrow and I was wondering if I could stay." She smiled a toothy smile and started giggling.

"Sure you can stay, but there was no need to climb up my fence and jump through my window to ask that." She smiled again, picked up the remote from the side table and turned the tele on. I sat back down and began reading my book. This is how it always is with Leigh and I, she would come round and watch TV whilst I did other things. That was fine for me, I sometimes don't like to have full conversations and so, sitting around doing nothing with someone is perfectly fine with me.

After a while I put the book down, turned the TV off and pressed play on a playlist I always have set up on YouTube. Leigh, unhappy about my choice of music, went over to the laptop and turned it off.

"I love you and everything but I am not listening to your music. It's so, depressing." My music was not always depressing but this particular band and song were. They were called Broken Iris and the song was called The Eyes of Tomorrow, I had instantly fell in love with their music from the first word but it was not Leigh's sort of music.

"Fine." I huffed.

"Apparently there is going to be a couple new teachers at school, they were hiring a couple of weeks before we left, that's why there were a bunch of strangers walking around school." She said, her mum works at our school so she gets all the important info on new teachers or students before anyone else does.

"Let's hope they are nice."

"Yeah. Do we have the same classes together this year?"

"Course, unless you changed your mind on what you picked for your GCSE's. I'm confused though, who is this person?" I pointed to the name that sat under the word English.

"He must be a new teacher. Noah Reese, that's a cool name." I nodded and decided that it was time to go to sleep as it was around ten o'clock.

I changed into my pj's and crawled into bed. Leigh was still listening to her music and didn't want to go sleep anytime soon.

"Make sure you don't stay up too late, okay?" She nodded and then I fell asleep.

The next day my alarm went off around seven, telling me I needed to get up. My eyes felt as if they were glued together and it took me awhile before I could open them. I got into the shower and washed my hair and body before getting out and getting dressed. By the time I had done all this, Leigh was ready to go. I quickly packed my bag and went downstairs to get something to eat and drink.

"Let's go." I said. Leigh opened the door and we both left, ready to see our friends again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter has been rewritten.