57.

"Baby, you've got my mind messed up, now"

***

By the time I got back to the bar from the grocery store, and hadn't heard from Harry I was getting more worried.

I felt sick and angry about the whole incident with Emma, I just don't understand how people like her act the way they do - use people the way they do.

I've also never seen Harry that furious, I've seen glimpses of it but he was just so angry. I can only imagine how intimidating he would be if he really flew off the handle. Smashing and punching things like he said he used to.

I waited upstairs in our apartment patiently, checking the time every so often as I packed the groceries away or checking my phone to see if I'd heard from him. I know he needs his space, but I care about him so I worry.

It wasn't until an hour and a half later that Harry finally came through the front door and whilst he looked calmer, he still looked very irritated.

I'm sat on the couch, where I've been for the last hour watching a movie and thankfully the bar is shut tonight because Harry doesn't look like he's in the mood to be working.

His eyes catch mine as soon as he comes through the door, he doesn't say anything at first but just closes the door behind him and walks over behind the couch; placing both of his hands on my shoulders and leans down to press a kiss to the top of my head.

"M'sorry I just stormed off - I needed to cool down" he mumbles, giving my shoulders a squeeze as he presses another kiss to the top of my head.

"It's okay - I was just worried about that's all, are you okay?" I tilt my head back to look up at him, and he just sighs; climbing over the back of the couch to sit next to me and then flops his head in my lap just like a needy puppy.

"I'll be fine. I was just so fuckin angry"

He hums as a stroke my fingers through his hair, looking down at his face and seeing the crease between his brows still evident there.

"I don't blame you" I shrug "You had every right to be angry. What she did was awful"

"Awful doesn't even begin to cover it. What she did was fucked. But I realised while I was out that I was wrong about somethin" he mumbles, closing his eyes and relaxing against me as he curls up with his head snuggled in my lap.

"And what's that?" I ask, thinking of what to do to take his mind off of what turned into a terrible afternoon.

"She wasn't the biggest mistake I ever made. If I hadn't met her, I would've never met you. So it was worth all this bullshit" Harrys arm comes up to rest over my thighs in front of his face and he traces his fingers in patterns against the side of my leg.

His words make my chest get tighter, and I scratch at his scalp like I'm rewarding a pet; earning a pleasured hum from him "There you go being a sap again. But ditto"

Again I mean that in both ways, I could regret meeting Emma but that would mean I never would have met Harry so I guess she was a necessary evil in some ways.

"Ditto" he grumbles, sounding like a moody child and pouting just to be dramatic.

"Hey - What about we watch a movie? Turn that frown upside down Mr. Mopey pants" I mock as I poke his bottom lip that's jutted out.

"Don't be mean to me" he whines, pouting even more now.

"Don't make it so easy then" I tease and his pout fights a grin for a second, before he turns his head and presses a kiss to my leg.