XL - Love

XL - Love

Love
\ləv\
noun

: Jessica Mahana Smith

🍁

The clock was ticking slowly. Her knees bounced in excitement, she wanted to go out of the room that kept her locked for 4 years. And she wanted to see Noah. She hadn't seen him for almost a week. The business trip that was supposedly short became agonizingly long and she missed him badly. She wants to see him but she didn't even know when will he come back.

She bit her pencil, she was done answering her test papers about half an hour ago and now she just wanted to sprint out of the door and call Noah. She glanced at the clock.

2 minutes before 3. Oblivious to her surroundings, the class had begun counting the last seconds of school. She too had unconsciously began counting in her head, then her lips moved, counting the numbers in her mind.

15 seconds before 3. The whole class became a whole waiting mess. Shouting at the top of their lungs the seconds that will free them of the torture and would plunge them to an even deeper torture that was 'adulting'.

7

6

5

This is it.

4

School's about to end.

3

Her heart pounded inside her chest.

2

A little smile made its way to her mouth.

1

Pencils and papers went flying and the whole class became a mess of shouts of joy and happiness, maybe sadness too. This was afterall their last day of school. She grinned and pushed her desk, standing up. Joining the class in their happy chaos.

Via went to her side and immediately hugged her, throwing her test papers in the air. Then she picked it up afterwards.

"Kidding. I still need to graduate." She handed the testpapers to their teacher who gave them a stern look but then she smiled after.

It was officially their last day in college. They'll be graduating next week.

Wow.

She heaved out a sigh after leaving their room.

"Wow. It's done. School's done." She heard Via mutter by her side, hugging her arm. Her face was blank, like she couldn't believe school just ended. Jess grinned.

"I know. Come on." She wanted to feel sad, school just ended and she wouldn't be a student ever again unless she wants to study something again. But she felt happy. Maybe because she didn't have anything to look back to. She only had one friend, she wouldn't miss anyone. Although she admitted she would miss the homeworks and quizzes. No, she wouldn't. She smiled to herself, dragging Via along with her to the front gate where everyone had gathered. Some were hugging each other. Others were taking a picture. She'd save all of it for the graduation. She just wanted to see someone. God, she missed him so much.

Her eyes scanned the crowded gate. Would he be here? That's impossible. He's still at New York. If he's done then he would call. She sighed again.

"What's with the long face?" Via asked, she was scanning the crowd too. Probably looking for Neo.

"I miss him." She whispered sadly. She had gotten so attached with Noah, so dependent that even the few days away from him felt like a year. Her heart felt heavy with the knowledge that he wasn't here, he's not here to pick her up.