Chapter 32

Daniel

It was a long ride back as we listened to the recording gum wrapper microphone Sidney had placed at the rogue camp. The two rogues explained to the ones around the campfire how they'd seen two humans messing around and the drunk b****ards told them about a girl looking for her boyfriend. They had a few choice words on Sidney and I decided to turn my laptop off to stop from getting into a fight in the back of the van with how tense everyone was. I knew we would have to go over the recording later but for now it was safer to keep things quiet and calm.

 "I didn't really expect her to play them like that." Tucker puzzles out beside me. We had all been focused on Beck's cam as he watched the scene go down from his hiding spot, it wasn't something you could forget so easily. The way she moved and flirted with them like it was nothing more than a game, but it was the sultry tone in her voice that would stop any guy in his tracks. "We can discuss her methods of information gathering later, we still have a lot of things to go over first." Bowen ordered roughly, even his alpha demeanor couldn't hide the fact he hated the rogues reactions to her as well. Colton had been the one to keep the peace and calm when the one had pulled Sidney into his lap, but even he had been controlling his anger.

 It was strange how each of us felt the urge to protect her so diligently but even stranger was the jealousy of wanting to be in their place. We had all been ready to rush to their rescue when they were almost caught red handed until the crazy little she wolf came up with another plan. "I can't believe she kissed Beckett!" Gavin groaned out in annoyance, it was pretty shocking. "Not just kissed, they full on made out for a minute or two there." Micah scoffed back, he was still regretting the decision to not volunteer first. "Drop it, she was only trying to avoid a fight if possible." Colton sighed out, she had been clear on her intentions to protect us. The rest of the ride home was fairly silent as we focused on our own thoughts, most of which revolved around a very strange but interesting female. 

                                            Bowen

When we got back Sidney was sleeping on the couch with her dogs and Beckett was fresh out of the shower, he was keeping watch over her with a bit of distance between them. When we filed into the room she jolted awake before taking notice of us and stretching out to get more comfortable with a yawn. "Is this the part where you yell at or try to lecture me because I might as well save you the trouble now Captain B.S." I was really starting to get used to the teasing way she spoke to me. "I never said I was going to yell at you." I raised back as I took a seat across from her. 

"Well then what's that foreboding look you had on when walking in here about?" She commented challengingly, she really was more perceptive than I thought. "Because we would all like to discuss something with you." I chose my words carefully as I looked to my pack who were taking up seats around the room. "So it is a lecture then." She groaned out on a sigh. "We want you to stay here until this rogue thing gets figured out!" Fletcher blurted out and I wanted to smack him on the head for stating it so bluntly as Sidney raised her brows at me after sending him a glance.

 "I'm healed yet you still want me on house arrest, you honestly think I won't fight you?" Her disbelief and annoyance had been what I was expecting. "It's not house arrest, it's an offer of co-operative protection measures between my pack and yours." I stated as I looked from her to the two dogs softly growling at her side. "Meaning?" She raised back tersely. "We offer you a place to stay here until this thing blows over, you get to have our backs in case of an attack and we help watch yours for the same reason." Colton explained gently, his tone seemed to have her thinking things over as we waited for her response.