Chapter 8

MATT
I saw Bella at the beginning of today but she zoomed away before I could say anything. I'm now sitting in my room texting Devin. Just as I am about to go to close the curtains I hear a moan come from the supposing window.

I stop in my tracks and suddenly I am afraid of what I'm about to see through the window. Both of our windows are open so I can hear everything.

I hesitantly move ever so slightly and I can see her. I let out a sigh of relief.

I thought she was watching porn or there was some guy in her room but she was just enjoying her pizza. Which might I add, looked so good. So I guess it was like food porn.

I see she has a huge pizza box on the desk beside her. She has a messy bun, and a sweater on but I can't see what she is wearing on her legs because she is sitting down.

There are papers and notebooks on her desk so I am assuming she is either studying or doing homework. I see her multitasking by shoving pizza in her mouth with her left hand and writing down things in a blue notebook with the other. Then she has music playing in the background.

I suddenly realize how creepy I look right now.

"Enjoying the pizza?" I say which makes her jump from her seat exposing her bare legs. She has underwear on, but that's it. I widen my eyes but try not to stare. It's pretty hard considering she looks so good right now. She looks down at herself and then takes a random pair of shorts from the ground and throws them on.

"Sorry for startling you, I just heard some moaning and I was intrigued." I say smirking.

"It's fine. The pizza was really good." She says sitting down on the chair facing me.

"Yeah I got that from the moaning." She laughs but her cheeks turn a very light pink.

"I should really close my window more often." She says picking at her nails.

"Well I don't mind it." I respond smirking.

Her cheeks couldn't be a brighter red than they are now.

"Aw you're so cute when you're blushing." I say in awe.

Forget what I said about her cheeks not being able to turn any redder.

"I'm not blushing." She shyly implies.

"Yes, you definitely are." I say trying to provoke her.

"Fine, I am." She admits.

"That's all I wanted to hear." I say and then I'm about to close my window when she stops me.

"What the shrimp are you doing?" She asks me. I laugh at her choice of words.

"I'm closing my window." I say in a rather obvious tone.

"Can you not tell anyone about you seeing me- well- you know..." she says.

"What?" I question, still knowing exactly what she means.

"When you saw me, indecent." She mumbles.

"I'm sorry, I don't quite know what that word means." I say with a smirk.

"When you say me in my underwear." She adds in a huff.

"Oh, that! Don't worry, I won't!" I say and then close the window.

Not seconds later I get a call from Devin.

"Mate! You've missed so much! I've been trying to contact you for the past two days!" Devin says yelling into the phone.

"I've been busy. But what's up?" I say.

"I'm moving back to England next year." At his words my stomach drops.

"You're what?" I ask.

"I'm moving back to England." He repeats.

"But, you can't." I say.

"Aw, I know you'll miss me. But it's where my home is. Anyways what's up with you?" He asks.

"You're seriously moving back?" I ask again.

"Yes! Now what's been up with you."

"Oh. Nothing much." I am falling for the girl next door, but that's not important.

"You just said you were busy."

"Well I was. Just not with important stuff. And why didn't you tell me about you moving, at practice the other day?"

"Because we had to practice. I don't understand why you're making a big deal out of this." He sighs at the other end of the call.

"Because you're my best friend, asshole."

"You will make other friends."

"Stop talking like my mom for a second! I know I will make other friends. But you moving us a big deal, man."

"Okay, okay. I was afraid to tell you. You haven't really been as close lately, and I was afraid you wouldn't really care." He admits.

"What? Of course I do! Dumbass!" He laughs and then his mom calls for him.

"I've gotta go mate!" He says.

"Later." I hang up the call and fall onto my bed.