3. Meeting

What we don't understand, we fear

What we fear, we judge as evil

What we judge as evil, we attempt to control

And what we attempt to control...

We attack

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"What's the status of the black rocks?" Rapunzel asked you, Cassandra and Eugene, as you stared at the yet untouched food on your plate, that was served for you under today's meeting. You weren't hungry. In fact, you hadn't been hungry ever since Quirin's funeral a week ago. If it hadn't been for Eugene, who had forced you to eat at least something, you probably would've been a sack of bones by now.

You couldn't help but roll your eyes at her. If she really wanted to know, she could just go check them herself, but no, the princess was way too valuable to risk her life like that, in this hard time.

You quickly shook it off. No, you couldn't blame her. We were all under pressure from the threat of the black rocks, and you had to stick together and stay positive. Besides, if she had the choice, she would go out and try to stop the black rocks as well, King Frederic just wouldn't let her.

"They're slowly making their way closer to Corona." Cassandra said with hesitation. Everyone fell completely silent. 'Everyone' comprised of you, Rapunzel, Cassandra, Eugene, Xavior, the Hook brothers and Andrew. You were the ones who were given the honor of figuring out the mystery of the black rocks before they got too close to Corona. It didn't go that well so far.

Varian was a part of it all as well, making him and you the youngest one to figure out the mystery. But your best friend hadn't showed himself, ever since he locked himself in his room in the castle, located in the dungeon. It had been a week since you had seen him.

"A couple more days and they've reached the bridge." You nodded, still pecking at your food with your fork.

"Already?" Rapunzel sighed, closing her eyes. Eugene nodded.

"We've got to do something. Fast. We have to stop the rocks before they reach Corona, leaving the city in total destruction like they did with old Corona." Rapunzel said, making everyone nod their heads. You did as well in agreement, even though that was what she would say every time anyone would come back with news of how far the rocks had spread.

"Any ideas? Any plans?" The princess then asked, desperate, looking at everyone around the table - except for you. She loved you and all, but she definitely wasn't a fan of you being a member of this team. She said it was way too dangerous business for a sixteen-year-old girl, and your big brother, Eugene, had agreed.

But due to your cleverness and mysterious powers, the king had insisted, saying that they would need every sort of help they could get. And you were really happy to help of course.

Though Eugene, Cassandra, and Rapunzel made it very hard to do so, because of their protective manners.

"We could destroy the bridge?" Andrew suggested. Rapunzel nodded in thought, but then shook her head. "Winter's coming, and not being able to get to the forest, we would run out of food. Besides the rocks would find their way over here anyway."

"What about your magic hair, Princess? Can't it just destroy the rocks if you told it to with the power of the sun-drop and stuff?" Xavier asked. You looked up from your food in interest and looked at Rapunzel. Xavier had a point, and you had often wondered if her magic powers could help you out in any way.