Chapter Thirty Four - She's Here

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

Why would you bring her here?

KAYLEIGH ELLIOTT

Ava's surprise party was going well. She was currently opening all her birthday presents in the living room, saying a million 'thank yous' to everyone. She was overwhelmed with joy and appreciation from everyone.

"There's actually one more," Jaxon tells her.

My attention turns to Kayden quickly and I watch as he holds Aurora in his arms. She was resting her head down onto his chest and softly sleeping. My ovaries were going to burst there and then.

"Jax you've completely and utterly spoilt me." Ava says to him and he shakes his head towards her.

"Just listen," he says as he takes her hands in his.

Ava looks up at him bashfully and patiently waits for him to talk. "You Ava are the single most amazing thing that has ever happened to me—" he pauses quickly. "—apart from Aurora of course." He grins at her.

Ava grins back and raises her shoulders at his words. "You are the best mother, the best mate and my best friend. I couldn't do life without you, you mean absolutely everything to me."

Ava bites down on her bottom lip and I can see happy tears glisten in her eyes. "I love you and I will love you forever." His hands gently squeeze hers.

They stare into each other's eyes like no one else in the room is watching, they were completely in their own space. "And I wouldn't want anything more than to spend the rest of my life with you," he begins to get down on one knee and Ava pulls back, her hands now clasping around her mouth.

People in the room gasp, some squeal. "Jax," she pants. "What are you doing?" She questions her voice barely audible. Shock was now kicking in.

His hands shake as he digs into his jean pocket and pulls out a little velvet box and holds it in front of her. "Ava White, will you marry me?" He asks softly.

"Oh my God!" She cried. Tears leak out of Ava's eyes as she frantically nods towards him. "Yes, yes, yes!" She blubbers.

Jax lets out a relieved sigh, like she was ever going to say no. He plucks the beautiful diamond ring from the box and takes her left hand and slips the jewellery onto her finger.

Everyone around us cheers and claps. Jax stands up and clasps Ava's face between his hands and kisses her like his life depended on it. They pull away and rest their foreheads together. Their eyes completely bore into each other's as they murmur 'I love you' to each other.

I felt completely paralysed as I watched them. I felt like I could physically see their mate bond, it was alive, it was real. It was like a living, breathing force field around them that everyone could see. The energy, the love.

It was something really special. Something I wish that humans could have. Jealousy pangs inside of me. Not jealous of them being happy, but jealous of their bond. Of being mates.