Chapter 16: Always and Forever

It was staring to poor, so we finally broke apart. We were drenched from the rain, but we just smiled and laughed at each other. "It really did take a long time, didn't it?" Draco said while laughing at me. "It took way too long," I said back and I kissed him one last time before jumping up. I held out my hand, hoping Draco would take it. "Come on, it's starting to get really windy. And we should go in anyway." "You always have to ruin all of the fun," Draco said while grabbing my hand. I pulled him up and he held it until we were at the end of the stairs. 

I suddenly stopped at turned around to him. "What does this mean? What is this between us? " I asked him. "We're together now.. officially." He said back to me. "But what do you want us to be? Are we telling people?" "Potter, all I care about is you. We can keep us a secret if you want.. then we can keep meeting places on our own. That's always fun," he said with a small laugh. I kissed him one more time before saying, "I really do love you." We let go of each other's hands and headed down the hall towards the Slytherin common room.

"And where have you two been?" Snape was staring right at us. We were still drenched from the rain, so he knew we've been outside. "I was showing Harry this one lookout, but then it started to poor.. so we came back in." Snape looked at Malfoy, and then at me. "If you say so," he said cooly, and he walked back over to his office. "Wow, he really is watching over you," I said. "I would be in so much trouble if it was just me." He smiled and we made it to our room and got dressed in dry clothing. 

I was on my way to my bed and started to get under my covers when Draco threw a pillow at my face. "What are you dong?" I called over to him. He was looking at me and I realized what he wanted to say. I motioned my hands as to say come over, and he layed down next to me. He leaned on my chest with his arm across my stomach, and I put my arm around him. Our hair was still wet, but his looked cute that way. We just stayed there together as we fell asleep. I loved it, and we could finally feel okay doing it. 

Draco's POV: "Don't touch him!" I woke with such a fright and looked around. Harry was having another dream. But about who? I grabbed his hands, and tried waking him up. "Potter, it's okay.. I'm here with you, always. Always and forever." He wasn't waking up. He was still yelling at someone and crying. I took my hands away from his, and cupped his cheeks. I just kissed him until he woke up. 

Harry's POV: I felt Draco kissing me as I woke up, I kissed him back. "Hey," I heard him say as he pulled away from me. "It's okay.. it's over." I looked at him, put my hand on his cheek, and moved my thumb on it back and forth. "Voldemort.. he's after you. I saw inside of him. But he can't, I'm going to fight. I'm not letting you do it." Draco's face went plain and he was scared, I could tell. "The time really has come, huh? Potter.. just promise me, whatever happens these next few weeks.. promise me that you'll save yourself if you have to."

"Not without you, I'm not. We've talked about this, Malfoy. I love you and I'm going to protect you no matter what." He moved in closer to me again and whispered, "Not as much as I love you." He kissed me again, and I held him tightly. I never wanted to let him go, and I wouldn't. If Voldemort wanted Draco, then he'd have to get to him another way. I wasn't going to lose someone else I loved. I kissed his forehead before we fell asleep again. It was Draco and I.. always and forever.