Engineered Empress Part 24

Chapter 24

An hour later guards came into the room and first got the males, one after each other and after half an hour they came to collect all the women at once. They were herded up some stairs into a small room behind a stage. A well-dressed man with cruel eyes stood before them and explained in a cold distant voice.

"Good evening girls, as you know, you all wear a control collar. This is what's going to happen now, I will introduce you and then you will be required to mingle in the publicum and answer all questions they ask of you. If anybody touches you under your clothes, you are allowed to shout it out. If you flee or are violent you will get punished. Now go on out."

He led them onto the stage. The front room was full of men and a few women. Servants running around serving drinks and Bia and the others were paraded in front of the publicum and then seated on chairs at the back of the stage. Lecherous chants and obscenities were shouted during the show the auctioneer stood up to the front of the stage.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen. Now to the fun part of the evening. We have for you 9 gentle ladies of various age and condition. You know the rules; we will introduce and then send them into the publicum in a few moments and yes you are allowed to see and talk but you will respectfully not touch our ladies until you bought them. Let the show begin."

With these words the first woman was send forward and introduced to the masses then send into the publicum. When it was Bia's turn the auctioneer praised her pure status and her young age. Descending into the masses, men leered at her and mostly wanted a verbal confirmation if she was untouched. A few were asking what other traits she had, and Bia answered softly that her interest lay in bioengineering and hydroponics. She looked around but couldn't see Damon and when the 30 minutes of mingling with the crowd ended her nerves were shot.

Then there was the begin of the auction. The other women stood with her resigned on the stage and a few shed tears, fearing the unknown. Bia stood tall despite the uncertainty in her heart. If only Ceri were able to make contact. The auctioneer pulled women after women to the front, some were sold for just a few thousand credits and two even got into the thirty thousand range.

Bia was pulled forward second to last, the auctioneer praised again her pure status and the bidding started. Spotlights were on her that made it very difficult to see into the publicum, and yet she did not hear Damon or Zar bid for her when the prize for her topped out at 25.000 credits. Just before the gavel hit again another buyer started bidding against the first. This one still did not sound familiar, because it was a woman and when she finally won the bid for Bia for 28.500 credits Bia's hope for a rescue by Damon or Zar was crushed, tears of despair ran slowly down her cheek.

Bia was led back into the room with the cages by another guard, who told her in a friendly tone, when she asked why she was staying here.

"Girl you need to stay here until your buyer comes and gets you. But don't worry at least you were lucky enough not to end up in one of the whore houses." And left her alone in the room. With nothing else to do she tried to fall asleep and enter the thought scape. But because Bia was so weary about everything around her - she never reached the depth she needed to get there instead every sound woke her and let her heartbeat spike. It seemed the middle of the night or early morning, Bia couldn't tell having no light cycle or clock on her, when the guard came back with two men accompanying him.

"Girl, your buyer is here. Be a nice wench and remember they have the remote to your collar too." With those words the guard opened the cage and let one in. Bia noticed two things about the men. The first that entered the cell was tall and build like a runner lean and mean and still young. He wore a long knife and a blaster on his belt and moved with a smoothness of one who can fight. He clipped a thin metal leash into her collar. The second man waited outside and was older, burly with a pudgy belly grazing his middle but much better clothed. And both were neither Damon nor Zar.