27.

A/N: hi guys! Sorry for scaring you a little bit with that last chapter. You'll be fine. Probably. Yeah. Maybe. Possibly.

At this point, Camila had tried everything. She had called Lauren multiple times a day for a week until she was blocked. She texted her as much as she could before getting blocked. She even tried to send her messages on Instagram for fuck sake, since Lauren couldn't block her there because of the fans. However, that didn't feel right because she shouldn't take the right to block her from Lauren, so she decided to stop.

She felt absolutely horrible about what she had said. The stupidest thing is that she doesn't even know what happened between Lauren and her mom. Mario didn't get to say that much that time in the restaurant. That's what makes this ten times worse. What if Lauren's mom is dead? What is she's a member of the KKK or something? Okay, that might not be very likely, but you bet your ass that Camila had gone over every single option these last few days.

She still doesn't exactly know what happened either. She would like to think she was still acting and honestly, she was still acting a little bit, but she also knows that isn't an excuse. Obviously, the fight had to be really bad, otherwise it wouldn't have made the same impact, so she knew she had to go all out, but when the fuck did her brains stop working? How could she say something that mean?

Camila had never considered herself to be a mean person. She was always considerate and always tried to put others' needs before her own. So, why did she freak out like that?

That's what had been going through her head for the last couple of days. So, that's why she was currently on her way to Lauren. Camila knows she should probably leave the girl alone and maybe her incessant need to apologise is completely selfish, but she has to at least try. Lauren needs to know she didn't mean to hurt her.

As she is walking to her co-star's house, she is going over the words she will say to her. Since her brain is in a completely different universe, she doesn't notice anyone walking in her direction, so when she suddenly collides with a tall body she immediately starts apologising profusely; a habit she had created these last few days.

"Camila?" the body spoke, startling Camila, who was already back on her way to Lauren and Normani's place. She immediately recognises Hailee when she turns around. Not really the person she was hoping to bump into at this bad time in her life.

"Oh, Hailee. Hi," Camila replied unenthusiastically.

"Nice to see you too," Hailee chuckles. "What's up? You don't look.. good. Which you normally do, of course!"

Camila chuckles this time. Hailee, always ever so polite. "I fucked up," is all she manages to get out before she starts crying. Fuck. Always wonderful to cry in front of your ex.

"Oh shit," She hears Hailee say before she is gently pulled to a small park bench. "I take it this is about Lauren?" She asks as she sits the both of them down.

Camila looks up and the tired, teary brown eyes feel like a stab in Hailee's heart. "How do you know that?"

"Because love hurts, like, a lot," Hailee states so easily, as if love isn't this big terrifying thing, but just a simple emotion.

"I don't love her," Camila immediately lies, as if it's her default setting. When she doesn't get a reply for a solid ten seconds, she looks up at the taller girl, who's just giving her this weird facial expression that she can't quite comprehend. "I thought you only lied about that because we were in a relationship at the time, but I just realised you genuinely made yourself believe that, didn't you?"

"What?" Camila replies, dazzled by the sass from this girl.

"Oh, come on," Hailee laughs, which kind of angers Camila a little bit. "It's okay, to be in love with her. Just because you hated someone at first doesn't mean you are going to hate them for the rest of your life."