33 ; grims and gashes ✔︎

LITTLE MISS MUDBLOOD – ACT 1 : SCENE 3 : CHAPTER 33

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Y/N strutted into the hall with her Quidditch badge pinned proudly to the front of her robes. Perhaps she was acting a tad bit like Percy, but Quidditch was far more important than Head Boy. Theodore, Blaise, and Daphne shook their heads in exasperation but nevertheless sat with her at the Slytherin table. Draco Malfoy, and the few Slytherins who adored him, also came into the hall, Malfoy entertaining them with a supposedly funny story. Y/N rolled her eyes once he mentioned 'Potter' and 'dementor'.

"You would think that he was totally immune to a dementor by the way he's acting," Y/N scoffed and piled American-style pancakes on her plate, drenching them in syrup. "Even I, of all people, was spooked when that thing came into our compartment."

"Well, you know Malfoy, always trying to make a coward out of Harry," said Daphne, pouring herself some orange juice. "He can't help it, it's like he has a grudge against him or something. . . ."

Harry, Ron, and Hermione entered the hall and, as they passed, Malfoy did a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit and there was a roar of laughter.

"Hey, Potter!" shrieked Pansy Parkinson in her annoyingly high voice. "Potter! The dementors are coming, Potter! Woooooooo!"

Daphne, who was putting back the jug of orange juice, raised her eyebrows and tipped it in Parkinson's direction, effectively spilling orange juice all over her robes. Parkinson screeched and ran off with her best friend, Tracey Davis.

"I love you," said Theodore dreamily, and was smacked on the back of the head by Professor Snape as he came by with their course schedules.

"Y/N," said Blaise, frowning as he looked over Y/N's shoulder, "they've messed up your schedule. Look – they've got you down for about ten subjects a day. There isn't enough time."

"I'll manage," said Y/N, downing her coffee. "I've fixed it all with Professor Snape."

"If you say so," Blaise snorted. "Look – Divination, nine o'clock. Muggle Studies, nine o'clock. And – Arithmancy, nine o'clock. How're you supposed to be in three classes at once?"

"Of course I won't be in three classes at once, dumbarse," said Y/N, checking her watch. "Look, we've got Divination class first and it's at the top of the North Tower. It'll take us ages to get there. . . ."

They finished their breakfasts hastily and joined Harry, Ron, and Hermione on their way out of the hall. The journey through the castle to North Tower was a long one. Two years at Hogwarts hadn't taught them everything about the castle, and they had never been inside North Tower before.

"There's – got – to – be – a – shortcut," Ron panted as they climbed their seventh long staircase and emerged on an unfamiliar landing, where there was nothing but a large painting of a bare stretch of grass hanging on the stone wall.