Chapter 17: Apologies

When I woke up, Draco was already smiling and looking at me. He moved the hair that was in front of my face. "Morning, beautiful," he said happily with a small laugh. "Well, you should see how you look," I said back. He grabbed me and pulled me over to him. He kissed me, and I definitely woke up now. "Okay.. okay, we have to get up. We have that test in Herbology this morning." "Why do we have to go to class, we could just quit school and stay here," he said sarcastically. Typical Draco, I thought and smiled at him.

I got up quickly, grabbed his wand that was on the nightstand, and teased him to get him up. "Potter, don't you even think about it." He jumped up after me and grabbed my hands. He was holding me and I felt nothing but happiness. We were laughing and he turned me around. He looked into my eyes and put his forehead against mine. "I love you," was all he whispered to me. "I love you, too," I said back. He kissed my forehead and we let go of each other. We got dressed and finally made our way downstairs.

"So.. we're keeping us a secret?" I asked him. "If you want. I mean, I only have Crabbe and Goyle, sort of. But they wouldn't understand, I wouldn't want to tell them anyway." I thought for a moment. Should I tell Hermione and Ron? I had to, they're my best friends, besides Draco. "Hermione already kind of knows," I said to him. "She pulled me aside one day and asked me if I liked you. She can tell when something's up with me." Draco smiled. "I'll tell her I'm sorry. For being mean to her.. and to Ron."

I took his hands in mine and said, "You're a wonder, Malfoy." I looked down at his shirt, and told him, "You have something right there on your robes." He looked down, and I quickly picked up his chin with my finger, before I kissed him softly. I loved being able to do that. "Got you," I said to him. "Tell me why I like you again," he said as he laughed. We left one another and went to our house tables. I met with Ron and Hermione, and they knew something was up with me. I was smiling like crazy.

"What has gotten into you?" Ron asked me. Hermione gave me a small smile, she probably knew what it was. "Oh, nothing. But can I talk to you later? And Draco has something to tell you to." "Malfoy? What does he want with us?" "It's nothing, really. We just wanted to tell you guys something." Hermione gave me a look and mouthed, "Finally." We finished eating, and went to take the test in Herbology. Even with barely studying, I did pretty well.

I saw Draco in the hall after walking out of class and I grabbed his arm. He turned around and smiled. Hermione and Ron walked over to us. "What did you want to tell us?" Ron asked him, but he didn't fully look at him. Ron might take some convincing. "I wanted to say that I'm sorry. For all of the years I was mean to you.. and even you, Harry. I still haven't fully apologized. I was just broken, and I never felt better.. until you." He was looking straight at me now.

Draco's POV: I could see Ron staring at me. "Until you? What does he mean, Harry?" I saw Hermione look over at me. She touched my arm. "I forgive you, just think of us as friends now.. if you want to." "Thanks, I will," I said happily, as she backed up next to Ron again. He still didn't seem to thrilled with me though.

Harry's POV: "Draco and I are together now. But in a different way than you might think." "You're like.. dating?" Ron asked me. I just nodded at him and he looked shocked. "Wow, I never would think in a million years.." He looked like he was in deep thought. "But.." He started to say. "As your best friend, I'm happy for you." He started to walk towards Malfoy. "I'm willing to give you another chance.. but if you hurt Harry, you'll be dealing with me." Ron seemed proud of himself for saying that.

I smiled at him and heard Draco say, "Thanks, both of you.. really. But I'm not leaving.. I'm never going to hurt Harry. That's the last thing I'd ever do." I grabbed his hand and smiled at him. Hermione looked extremely happy, and Ron was smiling too. Now everything was as it should be. My friends supported me, I had Draco, and we were all there in the moment together.