Chapter 14

Jisoo was also lying sleepless on top of the covers on her bed. She had one arm tucked behind her neck and the other draped over her stomach. So many feelings were running through her body and the more she thought about what had happened between them the more messed up the whole situation felt. She knew she had to do something, they were kind of stuck together for another couple of days. Sure Jisoo had her car so technically she could leave whenever but how would her leaving solve anything? It would probably have the opposite effect and confuse things even more.

She sat up and put her feet on the floor and rubbed her hands over her face. Sighing she got up and walked over to the window and gazed out over the lake. The light from the moon reflected down on the dark water and gave the lake a somewhat mysterious glow. It was beautiful... so was Jennie... God she was so beautiful, and sweet and funny and...

"Perfect..." Jisoo said softly.

She's perfect for me... She's everything I've ever been looking for and she makes me feel things I've never felt before... She's also taken... She has a fiance and is getting married but when she kissed me... Oh God when she kissed me... I know she felt something too...

Jennie was still lying in bed very much awake when her phone suddenly beeped. Her heart started to beat faster before she even picked it up. She knew it was Jisoo. She reached for the phone and swallowed hard when she saw she had one new message from Jisoo. The intense pounding in her chest echoed in her ears and she threw the phone down on the bed. This wasn't something she was ready to deal with now, no definitely not! Still, a minute later she picked up the phone again and read the message:

Are you awake?

She read those three words over and over again. Then typed back:

Yes.

Jisoo stared at the phone.

She's awake... Of course she's awake... What do I say next? Gah! Here I was, just a few hours ago, complaining about how my mother always do things before she thinks them through...

She cursed her own stupidity but since she'd made the first move, obviously without thinking about the second, she would have to push through.

So what do I tell her? The truth or what I think she would want me to say?...

Jennie waited impatiently for another message. It was like time stood still. After five very long minutes her phone beeped again:

I know it's wrong in every way but I can't stop thinking about it...

She didn't need to specify 'it', they were both very aware of what she was referring to. Jennie didn't know how to respond to that. She sat with the phone in her hand and started to reply an answer but then deleted it.

Jisoo's heart was beating really fast when she sat with her phone clutched in her hand. Her heart skipped a beat when it suddenly beeped indicating she had a new message.

I can't stop thinking about it either...

Jennie thought her heart would jump out of her chest at any second, either that or she would have a heart attack cause it could not be healthy for the heart to be beating like this. She couldn't believe that she'd just sent that text back to Jisoo, that she couldn't stop thinking about the kiss too. Well it was definitely true but was it so wise to go there? She could very easily have sent something completely different, a lie.

Why didn't she make something up or write that she was tired and that they could talk tomorrow? Why oh why did she write and send that she couldn't stop thinking about it either? Could she actually deal with this tonight? She really had no idea but since they would have to spend the next day together with Jisoo's mom they had to figure something out. Being all awkward around each other when Dara was present would not go by unnoticed and she was not ready to deal with that.

Her phone beeped again.

I really need to talk to you. Can you come down to the boathouse?

If her heart wasn't beating fast before it sure as hell was now.

Jisoo was fidgeting, she was wandering back and forth and her hands were playing with the hem of her t-shirt. She was so nervous and quite frankly scared to death. She had no idea what she was going to say when Jennie came, if she would actually show up...

She must be freaking out, I'm freaking out...

One minute turned to five, fifteen minutes turned to half an hour and Jennie hadn't showed up.

She's not coming... I should have realized that... God what do I do?... she stood by the window and dragged her hands through her hair when the squeaking of the old wooden door caught her attention and she spun around.

"You came... I didn't think you would..." she said softly.

Jennie met her eyes for a split second than had to look away.

"Yeah... I didn't think I would either but then..." the raven slowly looked up and met Jisoo's eyes.

They looked at each other for a long time, both could see confusion and something else in each others eyes. Jisoo was the first to break the silence.

"You kissed me..." she said softly, that was definitely not what she'd planned to say, it just came out.

Before Jisoo's mind had registered what she was doing she'd taken a small step closer to the other woman who was still frozen to the spot by the door.

Jennie looked down. So many thoughts were running through her mind and not one of them made any sense. She didn't know what to say, yes I kissed you and it was amazing and all I can think about is kissing you again. No she couldn't say that, she wasn't brave enough to say that. She looked up again and instantly met Jisoo's warm brown gaze. She was slowly closing the distance between them and Jennie was so nervous she could hardly breathe.