Chapter 16

Jennie was the first one to wake up the next morning by rays of light shining in through the window. It took a second for her to realize where she was and then everything dawned on her. She was certain it had all been a dream but now... waking up naked in Jisoo's bed in Jisoo's arms certainly brought her back to reality.

She should be freaking out but oddly enough she wasn't. Jisoo's arm was still draped protectively over her stomach and her own hand was resting on top of Jisoo's arm. She was so warm and her skin was so soft. Slowly she started to trace invisible patterns on her skin, dragging her fingertips up and down her forearm. Jisoo started to stir behind her and the raven slowly turned around so she was facing the brunette. She was so beautiful, Jennie couldn't help herself, she reached out her hand and pushed a few stray strands of hair behind Jisoo's ear then let her hand rest on the side of her neck as she slowly entangled her fingers in soft dark brown hair.

"I thought you would be gone when I woke up..." Jisoo said softly as she slowly opened her eyes.

Meeting piercing dark ones her heart skipped a beat.

"I thought so too..." Jennie admitted as she slowly stroked Jisoo's hair.

"This is crazy..." she whispered.

Her dark eyes were filled with fear over what they had done and she was terrified to even think about the consequences. Jisoo put a hand on her cheek and moved her thumb slowly back and forth over her soft skin.

"I know... Do... Do you regret it?" Jisoo whispered tentatively, terrified of what the raven would answer.

Jennie looked deep into Jisoo's brown eyes and thought about what she'd just been asked. Slowly she shook her head and Jisoo released a breath she didn't realize she was holding.

"I just... I don't know what to do, I'm so confused and and... I just..." she sighed and pulled away, wrapping a sheet around her body she sat up on the edge of the bed with her back turned towards Jisoo.

"I just don't know Jisoo..." she said dejected.

Jisoo's heart sank, she crawled up behind the raven and wrapped her arms around her waist. Jennie sighed and leaned back into Jisoo's embrace for a moment but then removed the brunette's arms from around her waist and stood up to gather her clothes. Jisoo held back her tears as she watched Jennie get dressed.

When the raven had dressed she turned around and met Jisoo's eyes and it hurt to see them so filled with pain.

"I better get back to the cabin before Dara wakes up." she said. Jisoo looked down on her hands and nodded slowly.

Jennie looked at her, she wanted to stay. She wanted to stay in Jisoo's arms but she wasn't ready to deal with the consequences of that so going back to the cottage was her only option. She lifted her hand and pushed the door handle down then pushed the door open. Tears rolled down Jisoo's cheeks when she heard the squeaking of the old door but she wiped them away quickly, not wanting the raven to see her cry.

Jennie had stopped in the doorway, one foot out of the door and her hand still on the handle. Her heart was beating so fast, her mind was telling her to keep walking back to the cottage but her heart was begging her to stay. She turned around and as her eyes found Jisoo she felt a pang in her heart. The other woman sat on the edge of the bed, still looking down at her hands and the raven noticed that a few tears escaped Jisoo's eyes which the brunette quickly wiped away.

Jisoo didn't notice that Jennie was still there, standing by the door looking at her. Jennie couldn't take it, she walked over to Jisoo and cupped her face then leaned down and captured her lips. Jisoo was a bit startled but as soon as Jennie's lips touched hers she wrapped her arms around her and pulled her close. Jennie wiped away new tears from Jisoo's cheeks as she continued to kiss her softly. With a final lingering kiss she slowly pulled away and rested her forehead against Jisoo's.