Chapter 18: The Letter

The day went by fairly quickly, and it was time for dinner. Hermione and Ron knew now, so I didn't feel like I had to hide anything anymore. "You're meeting him again aren't you?" She asked me. I still didn't say anything about our spot, that was only ours to talk about. I nodded and smiled. "You must really like him," she said to me. "You have no idea," I said back. I really did. I loved him. I was.. in love with him. 

I met Draco in the hall and we left again for our spot. There was snow slowly falling, so everything felt perfect. We casted spells to summon blankets and we were sitting together in front of the fire. We were lying down, I was leaning on Draco's chest. "I still remember the first day we met," he started to say. I looked up at him, as he looked down at me. "I really wanted you to be my friend. That's mainly why I was such a jerk. I regret it all though. I just couldn't help it." I could hear his voice was shaky and sad. 

"Hey, it's okay. You've changed, everything's different now." He kissed me and smiled. "I'm so glad we got paired up.. I don't know what I would be doing if I hadn't gotten to know you better." "Yeah.. I guess it was just meant to be." He put his arm around me again and I leaned closer in to him. I loved this feeling. I felt safe, like nothing in the world could get to us. 

But suddenly there was a huge blast of wind and I felt something fall on me. There was a letter, and Draco grabbed it. Did he know what it was? "Draco, what is it?" He started to pull away from me as he was reading it. He kept ignoring me and got up. "You have to leave, Harry. I know you said you'd be fine.. but I can't.. I just.." Draco looked like he was on the edge of crying. I took the note from him and read it. "I know what you've been up to, Draco. More nonsense like this, and you too will be turned over to the Dark Lord. Give Harry Potter to us and you will be safe. If not, you will pay the price just as he will." 

"Can't you see? This is why I didn't want you to get involved with me. There's no way in hell that I'm going to turn you in. I'm just going to hand myself over. I can't do it, Harry. I won't." I took him my arms and let him cry on my shoulder. "Listen to me Draco.. I love you more than anything, okay? We're going to get through this. It's you and me." He pulled back and looked into my eyes. Tears were streaming down his face. I took my hands and put them on his cheeks, wiping away the tears.

"That one night.. when I was dreaming. I was there with him, and so were you. He was going to hurt you.. that's why I was screaming. And then I awoke to your voice. You told me we'd be together, forever and always. And I'm going to say the same to you now. I'm not letting you go, Malfoy. Forever and always, I'm with you, and I'm yours." Draco pulled me into him and kissed me the most he ever had. "I love you so much, Harry," he said as he pulled away. 

I took his hands and kissed them. Our foreheads were touching. "And the same goes for you, Draco." "But, what are we going to do?" "I have to talk to Dumbledore.. he'll tell me." Draco nodded and we sat back down, calming one another down. "Draco?" I said over to him. He looked over at me. "And besides, we have something Voldemort will never have. We have each other. We have love." Draco slowly leaned into me and kissed me again. I let him and we continued to until we fell asleep in each other's arms again. 

Draco's POV: I never had someone like him in my life. Someone who would sacrifice themselves for me. I loved him so much, I didn't care what happened to me. Kissing him, falling asleep in his ams.. it was the best feeling ever. I knew that one day it would come though. But I was ready. I would fight all I could for him, he was the love of my life. And I was his. Forever and always.