Chapter 24: Gone

"You're gone. I know it. I know it and it kills me."

                                                            -Ransta Suzuki

A sad sigh escaped Jin's lips as he stared at you from a distance.

His heart ached inside of his chest, his hands trembling as he watched Hoseok embrace you in the cold rain.

The spirit wished that he could be angry with the former warrior, he wanted nothing more than to be able to hate him and despise him until his dying day...

But, he knew he couldn't.

As much as it hurt him to say...He was the one who messed up, not Hoseok. He was the one who hurt you. He was the one who betrayed your trust...and Hoseok was the one who was comforting you.

In all honesty, Jin was thankful to Hoseok.

He was glad that you had someone there...He was glad that you weren't going through this alone.

Even though it hurt him to see you in the arms of another man, Jin wasn't going to butt in or get angry. Why should he? He brought this upon himself. As long as you were happy...Then Jin would be able to stay away from you and allow you to live your life...

No matter how much it hurt him to do so.

Tears stung his eyes as he watched the two of you go inside, a small smile on your face as you stared at Hoseok.

Seokjin wanted nothing more than to run to you and beg for forgiveness. He wanted to put everything back to the way it was. He wanted to tell you how he felt about you and he wanted to hold you and kiss away all the pain he had caused.

But he wasn't going to do that.

He knew better.

He was a spirit. You were the Oracle..You both lived two very different lives and after everything he had done to you...he was slowly beginning to accept his fate.

He was doomed to be alone again.

But he wasn't going to complain. He deserved it.

He deserved every single heartbreaking moment of loneliness. He deserved to have his heart stomped upon. He deserved to sit in the shadows and watch as you grew older and found someone else...

He deserved every second of it.

The white-haired spirit raised his gaze to the heavens, his blue eyes closing as the hard rain poured over his pale face.

This was him now.

He was a ghost. A lonely, heartbroken spirit. The ghost of everything that could've been and never was.

________________________________________________________________________________

A soft laugh left your lips as you stared at the small child in front of you, her damp, blond hair falling over her face as she reached her arms out for you.

Yoongi ruffled his hair with his hands in an attempt to dry himself off even the slightest bit.

Hoseok raised an eyebrow at their appearance, his hands reaching for one of the towels that the servants had brought to the two of you earlier.

"What happened to the two of you?" He asked with a sideways grin.

Yoongi huffed in annoyance, pointing to the giggling toddler in his hands.

"This little solider decided it would be fun to run outside in the middle of a storm and hide from daddy."

He looked at the little girl, giving her a stern look.