26

The bell rings and the class starts to pack up their textbooks, worksheets and calculators. I actually say that class went surprisingly well considering I didn't even want to go.

"Mr. Fox? If I could speak to you for a moment?" Teach asks as I'm almost at the door. Great. I stop in my tracks and walk over to his desk.

"Yes sir?" I ask once he looks up to me.

"Good work today in class, I mean it. You've got a smart mind, use it more often alright."

"Thanks" I say and adjust my backpack on my shoulder.

"You can go now Dustin. Thanks for a good class today." With that I give a small smile and nod then leave the room.

The halls are filled with people. I start walking the hall to get to my next class, stoping to talk to a few people. Kinda starting to feel like the old me again. I don't know if that's good or not bit at least I don't feel bad anymore, or maybe the pain is just dulled.

I made it to class jut before the bell rings. On time, bonus of the day! I take my seat just as the teacher starts talking.

"Alright class, nice to see all your shining faces today" she says looking at me for a second longer then everyone else. "If you could all take out you textbooks and well get started."

I look through my bag for my textbook. Then I remember I left it in my locker the millions of years ago I was actually here. I ease my hand and wait for the teacher to see me.

"Yes Dustin?" She asks once she's noticed my tired arm.

"Can I go get my textbook I forgot it in my locker?"  I ask her trying to sound honest. Even when I am honest people find it hard to believe.

"Of course Dustin, just don't take too long okay or we'll start without you."

I get up and leave the room starting to walk towards my locker. I round the corner and bump into someone. Catching them before they fall as they trip backwards.

"Sorry I ..." I look to see its Hadley. I quickly help her back in her feet and let go. I missed touching her. I can feel the tingles on my fingertips.

"Don't worry about it." She mumbles and wipes her eye before pushing past me. She walks down the hall and I hear her sniffle. I watch as her face breaks and she turns into the washroom.

Why is she crying? It can't just be because she bumped into me. It looks like she's been crying for a while. I start to walk the direction of my locker but stop mid step. Dam my love for her. I can't jut let her cry alone in the bathroom. I debate texting Jess but I don't want Hadley getting mad that I told someone I saw her crying. That's the last thing I need right now. I turn around and walk towards the girls room.

I knock on the door to be polite, and say "I'm coming in" have to at least warn any other girls in there a male specimen is invading their territory.

I walk in and hear light crying that's somewhat muffled, probably Hadley trying to be quite. I walk over to the stall I hear the crying and gently knock on the door.

"Hadley?" I whisper

"Go away Dustin, this is a girls washroom!" She says filled with fake attitude.

"I know that Hadley but I can tell you're crying. What's wrong?" I ask through the door.

She scoffs before laughing a little "what's right?" She asks back, I can hear the tears in her voice.

"Hadley please open the door." I ask worried.

"Dustin just go away, let me sulk in my sad broken life okay, just let me have that."