Engineered Empress Part 25

Chapter 25

Meanwhile in Bia's body

Ceri noticed the electric shocks and began to worry. The loss of the nanites and the electronic infrastructure caused by the purge, crippled Bia's system. It took her too long to rebuild everything with her cells. Never mind the very complicated connection for communication with the brain. It was at the moment easier for her to communicate with Allistor than with Bia. When she had everything for the communication node ready, she needed to get Bia to reset her system.

Ceri monitored that Bia was getting damaged and then shocked and needed to communicate with her to help her. Not seeing another way, she reset Bia's brain functions beginning with the frontal lobe, thus inducing a seizure and ending with the brainstem, effectively stopping her heart and lungs. After resetting the system, she restarted Bia's heart and all the other functions and found her communication node worked flawlessly with the brainwaves and nerve impulses.

She found Bia in a deep sleep and again without enough energy to bring her into the thought scape. The constant lack of energy worried her, in a way Ceri knew she had to come up with a solution how to transform the energy she had access to, into energy Bia could survive on. Ceri decided to research deeper how she can manage putting a power source into Bia and how that would work best so she put the Core to work on a solution for this problem.

Bia's eyes flustered open, soft light streamed through the window and she saw she was in a bed and Nick was sitting at the end in a chair, feet on the bed and slightly snoring.

"Bia, I am finally able to talk to you again. That purge of the nanites did scramble much of my systems and it took me a while to rebuild and recalibrate to get to the old stand. How are you feeling?" Bia took inventory of her body and mind.

"Thank the stars you are back. I ... I am scared, very angry and emotionally exhausted. They sold me to this guy as a potential bride. And when I not so tactfully declined, he beat and shocked me and now you are back, and I am in Nick's bed. That is the nephew of my groom to be, not sure how that happened. Can you tell me what happened to Allistor and the guys? How long do I need to stay here? How do I get from being a slave to a free woman again?"

"Zar and Damon are on Wandu, but first Allistort. He found who bought his niece, now he just needs to find her owner. This planet is in part very unorganized from an electronic point of view. I told him where she should be, but that's now the third address he is looking for her. Zar found your doctor and offered him a way out when we are ready to leave. Damon is still looking for you. But know that I can speak to you again, he will be here soon. I am working on both of your releases.

Well on yours actually, because you got sold again yesterday evening, you can't get sold off again for 21 days. The do have interesting slavery and labor laws here. Did you know, that everyone can buy out the title for any slave? You just need credits and the owner can do nothing against it. The bureau responsible for this even notifies the former slave in person. Valerie is already freed again and waits on the ship."

"Wait. Back up a second what do you mean I got sold again?" Disbelief clouded Bia's voice.

"Your file says you got sold from a Hamilton Walters to a Nikolaos Walters, or I should say gifted, because girl there was no money transfer involved."

"Okay... that have to have happened after I blacked out. As far as I could tell Nick wasn't really happy about me being here, but I couldn't understand exactly what they were saying. Anyway, I am hungry, I've not gotten enough food yesterday and whatever you did probably did not help my vast energy depots."