Growing Closer

You sat on your bed, looking out the window. It was late afternoon and the sky was a pale pink and orange color. You tried not to focus on the sounds of running water in the next room.

Why did I let them use my shower.... You sighed and looked at the closed door

"Dear. Can we use your bathroom? It would save us so much trouble. " Aiden said as he rested his hand on the door.

You raised your eyebrows, "Why can't you just use the one in your room?"

Connor shrugged and smiled, "This one's closer to you."

"I only have one shower though." You said, not exactly feeling comfortable with the idea.

"Nonsense. There's a bath in here too. I prefer baths over showers anyway." Aiden pushed the door open and winked.

"I-I don't think..."

Connor leaned against the wall, "Come on dear. It's not like we're telling you to join us." He leaned towards you, "unless you want to..."

"No! I-It's fine. Just go!" You shoved them into the bathroom and shut the door. You could hear Aiden laughing from the other side.

You scowled and laid back on the bed, staring at the ceiling. They were too manipulative. Your stomach growled slightly, and you grimaced. Apparently fighting worked up an appetite.

The running water stopped in the room and you quickly sat up and looked at the door. No one came out. You furrowed your brow and turned to look out the window. The sun was slowly starting to set causing the sky to be a mixture of pale purples.

This day went by really fast...

The door opened and you turned to see Connor come out. His hair was still wet and clung to his face. Your eyes widened and you turned away your face red.

"Connor." You mumbled as you looked back out the window.

"Yes?" He asked as he attempted to comb his hair with his fingers.

"Go find clothes." You felt your face redden even more as you scanned the sunset.

He laughed, "(Y/n). I have a towel on, relax." He came towards you.

You glanced at him, your eyes landing on his chest, and you shot up on the bed, getting as far away from him as possible. "You're not allowed to come near me until you have proper clothes on."

"And why not?"

"You get touchy. A lot. I'm not doing that while you're...barely covered."

He grinned up at you before shrugging, "Fine. I'll listen to you...this time." His eyes glinted mischievously before he turned towards the door.

"Where's Aiden?" You looked around tentatively.

Connor opened the door and looked back at you, "He's meticulous about his appearance, so he's probably still in there drying his hair off and making sure he looks as presentable as possible."

You raised your eyebrows, "I'd think you'd be the one to care about appearance."

He laughed, "I'd rather make impressions with my actions." He winked. "Dear, I'll be back in a few moments." His figure disappeared down the hallway.

You sat back down the on the bed and strained your ears to hear any noise in the bathroom. You didn't want to go in in case Aiden tried to attempt something, but you wanted to make sure he was okay as well. You didn't hear anything, so you sat in silence, waiting for either brother to make an appearance.