Chapter 20: Christmas Eve

A few days passed, and Christmas was the next day. There was huge feast tonight, and we had to come dressed up. Half of the day, Draco and I spent time together, until I spent the rest of it before dinner with Ron and Hermione. Even though I was with Draco, I couldn't forget my other friends, especially them. 

"Happy almost Christmas, Harry!" Hermione said jumping on me and giving me a huge hug. "To you too," I said back happily. "Happy Christmas, Ron," I said to him as we hugged. He said it back and handed me the present from Mrs. Weasley. I always got pumpkin pastries and a new handmade sweater, but it made just as happy every time. I never used to get many presents until Hogwarts. 

We just walked around together and talked. I liked talking with them, we didn't get to as much anymore. "So, what did you get for Draco?" Hermione asked me. "Oh, well.. I made something for him actually. A drawing, I would say." "Wow, you really love him." I blushed. "I remember you liked to draw. I'm sure he'll love it." I smiled at her and we continued walking.

Once it was almost time for dinner, I said goodbye to them and I headed for my room. I saw Draco walking into the common room and I ran after him before he climbed through the portrait. "Oh, hey Potter," he said to me. We made it to our room and he said, "So, tomorrow's Christmas, huh? Our first holiday together.." "Yeah, it is," I replied back. He suddenly pushed me against the wall and started to kiss me. I kissed him back. "What was that for?" I asked him quietly. Not that I was complaining though. "Just because.." And he kept kissing me. We seemed to do it a lot, until I usually had to say we had to leave for class or something. 

"We should get changed," I told him. "Yeah, I suppose. Now go put on your suit so I can look at you in it," he said in a cute voice. I Just changed in front of him and he did the same. He looked so handsome, especially in a black suit. His white blond hair was a little messy, but I made him keep it like that. "You look.." he started to say. "Don't get me started on you," I said back to him. Draco blushed and looked down. I smiled and we walked down the stairs together.

I wanted to hold his hand as we walked in, but keeping us a secret just made it easier. We took one last look at each other before we split up to our separate tables. Dumbledore made his usual Christmas Eve announcement, and food magically appeared on all of the plates. I was talking with Ron and Hermione, while also taking with my other friends from Gryffindor. I felt happy. I had Draco, my friends.. this was the best year of my life, I thought in my head. 

Once we were finished with dinner, Dumbledore dismissed us to our common rooms since it was getting late. I didn't care, I got to spend the night again with Malfoy. We found each other and went to our room. I got into different clothes, and so did he. I sat down in my bed and layed down. "Get over here," I said to him. He slowly walked over and once he was close enough, I grabbed his arm and he fell on top of me. "You love doing that, don't you?" He asked me with a smile. "I guess I do," I smiled back. 

He was laying next to me now, holding my hand in his. He kissed it and kept holding it. "Malfoy.." I said to him. He looked back up at me. "I just wanted to see your smile again," I said to him. "You're the dorkiest of dorks.. really," he said laughing. I laughed back. We went back to looking at each other until I pulled his waist closer to me. I felt him breathing on me, and I kissed his forehead. "I love you," I told him. "I love you too," he said back to me.

This time I really pulled him closer. We were kissing, and he started to go on top of me. But all we did was kiss. Apparently he wasn't ready for anything more either, and that worked for me. We stopped after kept going on top of each other for a while. "I really wish I knew you sooner, Harry.. and not just for this." There was his soft smile again. "I know.. me too."

Draco's POV: I used to hate Christmas. Everyone was getting love from one another, and I got none. Sure, I got a letter from my parents, but it wasn't the same. It was more to tell me to find out more about Harry, or to annoy someone else. Now that I knew him.. like I did now, I'm so glad I never told them anything. I was laying back close to him. Sure, I loved to kiss him. I really loved doing it, but I enjoyed just looking at him too. His eyes.. his smile, just looking back at me. My heart felt so happy, and I knew that I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world but here in front of him. 

Harry's POV: I could see him getting tired, so I pulled him over into my arms. He pulled the covers over us, and he nestled himself into my chest while I was running my fingers through his hair. We fell asleep like that.. holding one another once again. I really was the luckiest guy.