15

[Chapter fifteen]

-Winnie-

"What the fuck," I mumble through a yawn, as I walk through the backdoor and plop down on the porch swing. "Why the fuck am I awake at the asscrack of dawn?"

Adonis, Flynn, Kamri and Lucas had all gone home around eleven thirty last night and Octavia and I crashed not long afterwards. Well, Octavia crashed. I cleaned everything up then crashed. Flynn had to drag Adonis' sleepy ass out of our house but that's a story for another time.

I check the time on my phone.

6:23AM.

Dad should just be going in to work now. He got back from the woods with Uncle Max and Uncle Dylan last night and they all just crashed at Uncle Danny's house -because it was the closest house from the university- who no doubt gave them shit about getting lost. Again.

Should forty year old men still be doing shit like that? They could die or something.

I shake my head, chuckling slightly at the stories dad has told us about him, mum, Aunt Meg, Uncle Max, and Uncle Dylan, and their weekly misadventures.

I pull my legs up and sit cross-legged on the swing and watch the sun slowly peek into sight, still wearing my pyjamas, which consists of a pair of plain grey cotton shorts and one of Flynn's t-shirts that I stole from him a couple years back, and is huge on me.

"It's six-thirty in the morning. What do you want, you little gremlins?" Mum grumbles as six-year-old Octavia and I drag her out of the backdoor and to the porch swing by each hand.

"We wanted to watch the sunrise." I grin up at her innocently. She stares down at me before looking at Octavia, who's giving her the exact same innocent smile.

"Oh, stop it. You're my children. You two are anything but innocent." She groans as she sits on the porch swing and lifts us onto her lap. "Fine."

"We love you, mama." Octavia and I chorus.

"I love you, too." She kisses our heads. "But next time you want to watch the sunrise at six in the morning, wake your dad."

I snap out of my thoughts as my phone rings. I look at the caller ID.

Flynn Rider.

I answer the call, bringing the phone to my ear as another yawn escapes my lips.

"You woke up at the asscrack of dawn, too?" I question, chuckling silently at the incoherent grumbles coming from the other end of the phone.

"Yeah, for some dumbass reason." Flynn whines, finally being able to form a proper sentence. "Can I come over for breakfast? There's no food in the house again."

I may not have my mother around anymore, but at least I have a great father. Flynn, on the other hand, sucky parents. According to Flynn, they were the best, until they moved here. I don't know what happened, but they're never home. When they are, they don't pay the slightest bit of attention to their only child. I mean, they pay the bills, but that's about it. There's never any food in the house, they never call to check up. Dad may act like he hates Flynn, but really, he'd die for him. He knows about his living situation but can't do anything about it because they haven't done anything legally wrong.

"Of course." I say without a thought. "Waffles?"

"Chocolate chip?" I can hear his hopeful tone and I chuckle softly. I'd actually die for this fool.

"Yeah, dude. Chocolate chip."

*~*

"You making waffles?" I hear Octavia's tired voice from the kitchen doorway.