7: 4 Letters

I whistled as I enter our dining room.

The boys are eating dinner and they all turned their heads at me.

"Yoongi-ah!" Jin hyung covered his mouth, his eyes widened as if he was surprised.

"Hyung! Did you just happily whistled on your way here?" Jungkook asked, with rice on his face.

"Yeah???" I answered, and asked at the same time.

Jhope clapped. He got up and patted my back, "Okay guys. Yoongi is a changed man now."

Taehyung and Jungkook both got up and clapped too.

"Aish!" I shook my head and grabbed a glass of water.

They continued eating as I sat beside Namjoon, "What's for dinner?"

Namjoon held the chicken's drumstick in front of him, "Chicken is the best!"

They all giggled. I told myself,

Sophie's back again, and I have a happy family to eat dinner with.

"Today's a beautiful day," I just said my thoughts out loud.

"Ohhhhh!" They exclaimed in unison, as if they were dabing.

"She's back," I said in a low voice, but sure enough for them to hear me.

And they just smiled at me, not asking me anything.

Because they know me.

They know me too well.

-

I'm sitting on my usual spot in the library, on the farthest table while staring at the box of phone lying in front of me.

I asked my manager to buy me a new phone, not for me. But for Sophie.

I figured I can't lose her again, so I should've at least find a way to contact her if something happened.

Someone sat in front of me, of course it's her. She dropped three books on the table and smiled at me.

She started reading right away and didn't even greet me.

But that's fine, I'm used to it.

She rarely talk, but her smile says it all.

And I know she's happy to see me.

"Ahem..." I cleared my throat to catch her attention, but she's so deep in her reading she didn't even notice the sun starting to go down.

"Ahem!" I cleared my throat again, louder this time. Enough to receive looks from other people.

But still, she's not responding. Her book in front of her face that's why I can't see her.

I lightly tapped her fingers, "Sophie."

"Hmmm?" She put her book down and looked at me.

"I have a gift for you," I handed her the paper bag, with the phone inside.

"But you just gave me a gift yesterday?"

I can give you a gift every day if you want me to.

"It's just that...." I trailed off, lost for words. "I.... I just missed you."

I don't care if my answer is irrelevant, but I don't know what to say.

She confusedly looked at me and opened the paper bag.

She immediately put the paper bag under my hands, "I can't take this."

"But.... that's for you. I bought it for you," I put it back in her hand.

"But Yoongi-"

I cut her off, "I'll be sad if you won't accept it." I pouted, slightly.

The fuck. I just pouts at photoshoots, or in front of the camera.

Ahhh... the things this girl makes me do.

She stared at my eyes for a few seconds, like she's looking for something. Then she said, "Okay thanks."

"My number is already there. Text me when you arrived home, okay?"

She just nodded with a smile on her face.

-

I was watching a soccer game with the boys when my phone notified me about a new message.

From: Jophiel
I'm home, thanks.

I saved her number as Jophiel, her real name. Because for me it's beautiful. It sounds unique, just like her.

It's just a simple text, no emotion or emoji at all. But for me it's something.

Something that makes my stomach flinch.

"Oohh Yoongi hyung is smiling because of a text!" Jimin teased me as he shove a handful of popcorn on his mouth.

"Is it her? Hyung?" Taehyung butted in.

Ahh these kids. I hope they'll find someone soon too, so they will stop teasing me.

"You should invite her tomorrow at dinner. It's Jungkook's birthday," Namjoon suggested.

Oh right. I almost forgot, I mentally noted myself to buy Jungkook a gift.

"But don't tell Jungkook yet. It's a surprise," Taehyung put his index finger on his lips to silent me.

Should I invite her?

That's nothing right? It's just an invitation for a birthday dinner. Nothing more.

Glad you're fine. I just want to ask if you're free tomorrow night? It's my friend's birthday and we're having a small dinner on our dorm. I hope you could come.

My fingers typed away but my mind was still thinking about it.

Should I tap send now? Or should I rearrange my words?

Then my thumb made its own decision by tapping the word send.

I woke up to her message the next morning.

Okay.

4 letters

4 letters.

I never imagined that it would only take 4 letters to complete my day.