26 | Alyssa's Gang

BRYCE

       I PUSH LYLE away from me, angry at him for stopping me from getting Alyssa to wait. I don't know why I even followed her when I didn't know what to say to her.

"What did you do to her?" Dr. Lilith asked, her tone serious as Lyle held her hand.

I ignore her, trying to think of something. What am I going to do now? I was nervous because now I might receive more threats more than usual.

"Answer me!" Dr. Lilith hissed at me.

I stay quiet, and saw her look behind me. Lyle does the same, not looking very happy. He's not very happy about my decisions lately. He really loves Alyssa and cares for her as family. I mean, who wouldn't love Alyssa? She's such a kind person.

I turn around to see Maria standing there awkwardly.

"You," Dr. Lilith muttered.

I turn to her with a glare. "Yes, her." I make my way over to Maria, grabbing her wrist as I pull her over to Lyle and Dr. Lilith. "I love Maria Abernathy. "

They should know who I love now. IT'S NOT ALYSSA.

It's Maria.

I turn to her, gazing into her eyes. I could see the fear in her eyes....afraid of what the world might think of us, saying, "I'm in love with her and I don't care what you guys think."

She looks at me with those beautiful, a smile slowly forming on that beautiful face. "Bryce..."

I smile back, "I choose you Maria. It has always been you."

"Well then, what about Alyssa man?" Lyle asked me. "She is still your wife. You promised to love her bro."

I drop my gaze to the floor. "I know...I'm going to handle this problem. "

"Well you better, because if Nico hears about this...you two are both dead." Lyle grumbles, glaring at Maria before he and Dr. Lilith walk away.

Great, even my best friend doesn't like this.

"Bryce," Maria mumbles, "I don't think I can do this."

I take a step closer to her, saying,"please don't say that. We came this far already. Let's keep fighting. "

"Our love is hurting Alyssa,"

"I know, but I would hurt more if I have to let you go again. " I tell her before kissing her on the lips.

          ***

          Later that day, I found myself driving Maria and I home. The Hemsworth Mansion is now Maria's home. I take my eyes off the road to look at her for a second. It feels great now. We don't have to hide from Alyssa. We can love each other and do whatever we want now. I place my hand on her thigh, making her look at me then smile.

"I love you," She said quietly, placing her hand on mine.

"I love you more," I wink at her, making her blush.

     Once we arrive at the mansion, the maids open our doors for us and I didn't miss the way they looked at Maria. They were confused because its supposed to be Alyssa with me. Not her.

"Bryce," I was startled when I saw my sister standing in the doorway, a serious look on her face.

"Claire," I say, waiting for Alyssa to come to my side so we can walk up the stairs together.