Fourteen

The bell rang, signalling the start of the class. Everyone is busy settling down in their seats, ready for another day of discussion.

Taehyung slumps on his chair, not minding the usual stares he gets from the students around. He's been used to people admiring his looks and beauty, letting him be unbothered anymore.

He rests his head on his desk while his eyes are fixated outside the window where a huge tree stood, violet flowers starting to bloom.

The room is filled with noise from students who are eager to chatter with one another. From this noise, Taehyung heard a familiar voice, greeting everyone inside.

"Good morning!" Bogum greeted, making most of the girls squeal.

Taehyung did not even spare a glance. Things have gotten a bit different between him and Bogum, his former best friend.

Their friendship starts to crumble last year, when Taehyung had become a total head-turner. He became the campus sweetheart, always getting attention from both genders.

He didn't expect Bogum to also fall in love with him and confess his feelings. For Tae, Bogum is just an older brother and he can't see him in a romantic way. This seems to hurt the older and finally chose to stay away from him. Their almost seven years of friendship was shattered because of the love Taehyung can't return.

The blonde sighed, not really wanting to feel hurt again. He loves Bogum but only as a friend. Deep down he knows that his heart is already taken by someone, and it will take him forever to get it back.

The room went silent upon the opening of the door, revealing their Chemistry teacher, Mrs. Choi. She looks a bit bothered as her eyes scan the room, finally stopping at the blonde near the window.

"Kim Taehyung." She called out, Taehyung almost snapping his head to look at her.

"Yes Ma'am?" Tae asked, confusion evident in his beautiful face.

"There's a call for you in the office. Is your phone turned off?" Mrs. Choi inquired, a bit hesitant.

Taehyung knotted his forehead as he took his phone out of his pocket, learning that it's really turned off.

"Your mother is trying to contact you. I'll allow you to go home. It seems urgent." Mrs. Choi continued.

"What did she say?" Taehyung can't help but feel a sudden fear. Something doesn't feel right.

"It's something about your grandmother, Luella." Mrs. Choi uttered.

The chair created a sharp sound as Taehyung immediately stood, almost tearing his bag in his rushed movement. His heart is beating fast, his mind trying to remove the negative thoughts that start to suffocate him.

No.... Please....

------

"She wants to see you now honey." Tianna whispered, eyes red from all the crying.

Taehyung nodded his head, trying his best not to burst into tears as he opens the door to his grandmother's room.

He walks slowly, each step seems like a torture to his heart as he nears the bed of his loving grandmother.

It's been years since Tae has last saw her. The strong and lively woman in his memory is now weakly lying on the bed, her chest slowly rising and falling, clearly having a hard time breathing. The arms that used to embrace and cuddle him are now limping on the bed, she can't even lift a finger.

Taehyung lets a tear escape his eyes, he puts his hand over his mouth, trying to control his sob from coming out. His tears began to flow like a river as he studies her face.

Luella slowly opens her eyes, instantly searching for Taehyung. She smiles weakly, wanting Tae to come nearer.

"..I-Is that y-you now, T-aetae?" She uttered, her voice cracking in an attempt to speak.

Taehyung nodded his head, sitting beside her bed. He lovingly took his grandmother's hands, clasping them with his own as his tears flow nonstop.

"It's me, grandma... It's your Taetae." Taehyung whispered, trying his best to sound happy even though he's dying inside, seeing his grandmother's current situation.

"Oh my, look... how beautiful.... y-you become." Luella muttered, smiling lovingly to her grandson.

Taehyung showered kisses on her wrinkled hands, loving the feeling of warmth coming from them. He missed her so much, and he regrets not seeing her for years.

"I'm sorry grandma... I'm sorry..." He sobbed, feeling so sorry for his grandmother.

Taehyung has always wanted to visit Luella, but everytime he insists on going, his parents are quick to say no. Before, he can't understand their reasons but now that his memories are back, he somehow understands them.

Luella smiled, her eyes sparkling in tears as she tries to touch Taehyung's face.

"H-hush now my baby. I'm happy living in this place Tae..... I'm leaving this world with this happiness in me."

"No...please don't say that.. W-we still have a lot of things to do together. Please.. grandma.... stay with me please..." Taehyung begged, crying harder this time. His heart is aching from the pain he's feeling. He knows it's too late, but his heart still hopes.

Luella slowly closes her eyes, a contented smile not leaving her lips as she thinks of her greatest but most dangerous love. She slowly opens her eyes and saw his face staring at her.

"J-jungkook.." She uttered, staring on nothingness. "I-Is that really you?"

With the little strength she has, she slowly and shakily lifted her hand in the air, as if touching something.

Tears start to flow on her eyes down to her cheeks as she keeps on grasping on air.

"J-jungkook!!" Luella hysterically cried out, hands in the air clutching on to nothingness.

"G-grandma.." Taehyung panicked, looking at his grandmother's face, enchanted by something he could not see. She's starting to hallucinate and this scares Taehyung.

"Please... Grandma!! W-wake up!" Taehyung clasps her hands tightly, afraid of what's happening to her. He hugs her tight, as he cries his heart out. "Grandma... Please..."

This seems to calm Luella down, her breathing is shallow as she stares at the full moon outside. The old woman knows her time is nearing. She can feel death is coming for her.

Luella gazed at Taehyung who's face is drenched in tears, sorrowful and lonely.

Her eyes slowly closes and her breathing falters. She accepts her fate. She accepts her death.

In a glimpse, Luella saw something appearing in Taehyung's neck, glowing with the moonlight. Her breath hitches, as shock registers to her nerves.

"T-TAE... Y-YOU A-RE.....!"

And she's gone.

-------

Been busy this week. Fuck.

Love you. 💜