Chapter Six

The next day was Saturday and I had to wake up at six to be at work.

I worked at the local diner on weekends and usually I made enough in tips for it to be worth it. However, it wouldn't be enough for an apartment and a car when the baby came, not to mention all the other things a baby needed. I would have to hustle a little more.

It was packed in the diner when I arrived, most likely with people barely leaving the bar. I recognized the club attire immediately.

"Ezra, clock in and take table twelve." My manager, Eddie said immediately when he laid eyes on me.

I gave him a mock salute before following his orders.

I was extra nice today because I needed the tips.

When Eddie asked me if I wanted to leave at two, I shook my head, telling him that I could work a little longer. Next thing I knew it was five and I was almost finished working a double.

My feet were sore and my head was pounding but my apron pocket was full with tips so I was happy.

My mood immediately went sour when I saw Sin, King and another guy sat in my section.

I took a calming breath before walking to the table. I had never worked nights so I couldn't be sure if they had ever been here before or if King was just stalking me so he could blackmail me.

"Hey guys" I said with a fake smile. "What can I get for ya?"

King looked up from his menu. His eyes widened and he actually looked shocked to see me for an instant before his face transformed into a sick smirk.

"Well, lookie here." He said folding his hands in front of him. "I was just thinking about you."

I smiled brightly. "I bet. What can I get ya?"

Sin looked from me to King before shaking his head and looking back at his menu. "This year is so confusing." He mumbled.

King still had the smirk on his face. "Should you really be on your feet midget?"

Sin pretended to gag when he heard the nickname. I didn't blame him.

I frowned, cocking my head to the side. "If you're not ready to order I could come back." I said with a slight attitude.

The guy who I never met shook his head. "A short stack for me. Strawberries on the side."

I quickly wrote it down on my notepad.

"I'll take a glass of almond milk and a side of wheat toast. No butter." Sin said clearly.

I sent him a weird look. It was almost Seven at night.

"And I'll have the avocado burger. Curly fries on the side." King mumbled handing me his menu.

I snatched it out of his hands. "Coming right up." I said quickly before heading back to the kitchen.

"You're cut after that table." Eddie said as I put the order into the system.

I nodded. I was tired and I wanted to go home. I had made enough money today but it wouldn't be enough forever. I still needed to find a new job.

While I waited for their food, I cleaned my section.

I didn't like that King was here. I didn't know what he was going to say and he could say way too much.