Chapter 22. Jealousy

Ariana's POV

Staring at my hands rested on my thighs, I let out an exasperated sigh as the hairdressers and make-up artists did their work on me.

I don't even understand why I'm being dolled up as if it's my birthday and not the little girl's birthday we're attending.

Apparently, the day of the birthday appeared all too soon and I didn't even realise how two days passed in a jiffy. Ofcourse, the days were filled with a lot of drama and tantrums which were mostly thrown by Carla because - as you would have it - she simply couldn't bare the sight of Kiana.

Due to which Kiana had to stay stuck up in her room most of the time to avoid a fuming Carla who was ready to explode any moment. But today, Kiana was also attending the birthday party since she was invited as she's the king's late friend's wife and it would be rude not to invite her.

Unfortunately Carla wouldn't be attending. Carla had asked Daniel to not let Kiana attend the party but he blatantly rejected which fueled her up Carla and in the heat of the moment she stated she won't be attending the party.

But she made it sure that I attended and had literally forced me to get dressed up pretty good and even warned me stay by Daniel's side all the time so that the leash -as she calls Kiana- doesn't have a chance to hit on her brother.

"You may now wear your dress, Milady." The maid said politely handing me the beautiful sky blue full-length gown as the others finished with my makeup and hairstyle.

I smiled at her taking the dress from her hand and heading towards the walk-in closet as they all existed the room shortly after.

The dress was breathtakingly beautiful. It was an off-shoulder sky blue coloured gown. The top part of the gown - near the neckline - had colourful cloth flowers embroidered on them. The bottom of the gown had the same kind of flowers and a bit of silver glitter sparkles.

The dress was a bit revealing for me since I never wore an off-shoulder dress let alone a ball gown but Carla was insistent that I wear this and it was spectacular anyways so I didnt think about it much.

Putting the dress on, I finally took a look of myself in the full-length mirror and couldn't help the surprise that took over.

Is the girl in the mirror really me?

The dress fit me perfectly and the colour also suited me well. My hair was styled into an updo-bun with a few tendrils let loose in the front. My makeup was a natural look with light silvery glitter on my eyelids.

Smiling at my reflection in the mirror, I did a little happy dance on how extraordinary I looked today. With the same huge smile on my face, I got out of the closet but stopped on my tracks the moment my eyes met Daniel's.

Daniel looked dashing in his black tuxedo. His dark hair was combed neatly behind his head that bought out his eccentric blue eyes. He looked like a show-stopper model.

I don't know who was more stunned. He or me as we both stared at each other and then he said something that made my heartbeat accelerate.

"You are stunning."

Daniel's POV

I felt like my eyes would bulge out of my sockets just looking at how beautiful my wife is. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

'YOUR WIFE, HUH?' I could feel Carlos smirking at me, 'WHATEVER, SHE LOOKS GORGEOUS!!!'

Indeed, she does.

She looks like a goddess descended down from the heavens. My beautiful Ariana.

'MY GOD! YOU'RE SO CHEESY!'