seven - mind flayer pt.1

Imogen was behind the rest as they walked through the abandoned train tracks

Imogen was behind the rest as they walked through the abandoned train tracks. She was holding her bat and swinging it around since she was trying to fight her exhaustion.

As well with trying to evade from averting the attention of their guardian roles to conversating with Steve about their current situation.

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asked exasperatedly to Dustin," Yes, He had the exact same yellow pattern on his butt,"

"But he was tiny two days ago!" Max exclaimed

"Well, he's molted three times already"

"Malted?" Steve repeated in mistake

"Molted." Dustin corrected him," shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms"

Imogen felt herself gag and lower her hands that were swinging the bat," I can't believe you kept him, Duffin, seriously—I try my best to look out for you, but—" She shivered," Please promise me that you will not be adopting any more unknown species"

Dustin looked back and sighed," I know, I promise"

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max asked

"It's gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown. Or close to it" Dustin explained," And so will his friends"

"He's gonna eat a lot more than just cats" Steve blurted out as they continued to walk.

"Hold on/Wait a cat?!" Lucas and Imogen said at the same time

"Dart ate a cat?" Lucas raised his voice slightly pushing Dustin back

"No, what? No" Dustin shook his head and looked to Lucas and then his eyes fell on his sister who narrowed her gaze at him.

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve added

Imogen's jaw dropped as she gaped, "What?!?!" She shouted

"Mews? Who's Mews?" Max furrowed her brows looking at the older male

"It's Dustin and Imogen's Cat," Steve told her

"Oh my god!" Imogen said through her breath while her brother exclaimed," Steve!!"

Lucas smacked Dustin's shoulder," I knew it! You kept him!!" Lucas said angrily

The three of them watched the two males bickering and Max groaned," Guys, who cares? We have to go"

"I care! You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law" Lucas argued over her voice

"So did you!!!" Dustin pushed Lucas back

"What?"

Dustin raised his flashlight and faced it to Max's face," You told a stranger the truth!!" making her move back and shake off the sudden light in her face as she scoffed," A stranger?"