thirty! ⋆ ISN'T IT TIME YOU DIED

( songs for the chapter )⋆ super trouper // abba⋆ you make my dreams // hall & oates

⋆ super trouper // abba
⋆ you make my dreams // hall & oates

( songs for the chapter )⋆ super trouper // abba⋆ you make my dreams // hall & oates

THE SUN WAS SETTING and the rest of the party had yet to arrive. Day of the Dead was premiering at the theatre in Starcourt, and they had t-minus six minutes until the movie actually started.

Several more moments passed before the four of them finally rolled up. Lucas, Max, Mike, and Will all parked their rides at the bike rack – except for the redhead, who had ridden with Lucas.

"It's about time, losers," Kate announced, grabbing the straps of the bag on her back. "We're gonna miss the opening."

Will walked up to her, sneakily pointing behind him to Mike. It didn't surprise her that he'd been the reason for them being so late. The dark-haired boy had been spending all his time with El; the two of them were always at the cabin, much to Jim's dismay.

"Yeah, Mike was busy," Lucas joked, making kissy faces at the other boy.

Mike rolled his eyes as the five of them walked into the mall. "Oh, yeah, real mature, Lucas."

"'Oh, El, I wish we could make out forever and never hang out with any of our friends.'"

"Lucas, stop," Max chastised through a laugh.

"Will thinks it's funny," he said, pointing to the brunette who was trying to hide a smile.

Kate, herself, was also giggling at his joke. "Because it is."

"Yeah, it's so funny that I want to spend romantic time with my girlfriend."

The group began to shove themselves through the group of people on the escalators, as they rushed to the theatre. From what Kate had heard, the mall was always crowded. It was the first time Hawkins had something so big, and it seemed that anyone who was anyone in the small town was at Starcourt.

"Watch it," a brunette teen scolded Lucas as he accidentally bumped into her.

"Yeah, watch it, nerd!" Erica Sinclair exclaimed. She was sitting by the fountain with an ice cream cone in her hand, surrounded by her friends.