10- A New Start

Andy's POV~

I was packing my things for class. Today was the first day of college. As I was packing, Aberforth was clinging to me. He was asking "Do you have to go?" Or saying things like "Just stay with me the whole day!" The other spirits weren't clinging to me like Aberforth, but they were saying similar things. I then said to all of them "It's fine! I'm going to be okay. I'll only be gone for a few hours." Vernon hugs me and says "Yeah, a few hours without cuddling is going to kill my sanity!" I then said "All of you are being overdramatic. I'll be fine. You've lived longer than I've existed, you should be fine without me for a few hours." They all hugged me and were trying to convince me not to go. I hear a knock on my door and I go to answer it. I opened it and saw Tyler. He then asks "So, ready to go back to our commercial arts course?" I nod and say "Yeah, once I get them off me!" They all just hold on tighter. Tyler then says "I have an idea." They all look at him and I do too. He then says "We have college classes on weekdays. Since there's 5 week days and 5 of you, one of you can take the day to watch over us, err him." Tyler's voice sounded sad at the end. He really wants a fur to be with. Sirius walks over to Tyler and hugs him. Sirius says in a calm voice "Good idea." Tyler hugs Sirius back and nuzzles into his fur a bit, a little bit happier now. I smile and say "Sirius goes first then." The others look down in disappointment. I sigh and say "You all will have your turn." They perk up a bit and all go back to doing whatever. I grab my bag and head to the truck with Sirius and Tyler. Did I mention I don't have a car? I have a license, just not a car. So Tyler drives me everywhere. As soon as we get there, Sirius looks at the building with curiosity. We go park the truck and head to the school. We already knew where our class was, so we walked there. Sirius was walking around looking at everything. Tyler then says to me "Sirius looks like a dog looking around a new environment." I nod my head and look at Sirius. Now that I think about it, I don't even know what he is. I can't tell if he's a wolf, or dog, for all I know he could probably be something completely different. I never really asked him. When we get to class, we took a quiz on computers. Now this quiz is to find out what kind of art or subjects in art we personally like. And yes, we take an art class. Once we were done with that, the teacher looks at the results. I like the teacher a lot. She's always been kind. Ironically, she was also me and Tyler's Highschool Art teacher. However, she was laid off and had to get a job here. She chooses which kind of subject in art we should do. She then says "So, to start off this year, we are going to be designing jewelry." Tyler's pick. He's always loved jewelry. Probably either because he's gay, or just thinks it's pretty. I never really asked him. Tyler says a quiet "yes," and looks at the teacher. She then says "To start off, all of you will have to choose a gem. And no cheating. You can't copy another ring's style. Because as we should know by now, that is art theft." We all nod and Sirius hugs me from behind. The teacher looks at me quickly then looks back at the class. She then says "Be sure to make sure you don't have the same gem as someone else." She has us write what gem we want to use for our project on the board. She chooses Tyler to be the first since he wants to work on jewelry design. He choose Blue Apatite. He sits back down next to me and says "I'm pretty sure apatite has a symbolic meaning of creativity." I nod my head and I'm the next to go up. I choose amethyst and Tyler asks "Why choose that one?" I just shrug and say "It looks pretty." He nods and everyone else chooses their gemstone. Now, we're designing them, not making them. We all start on our designs and the teacher says "All of these designs will be given to jewelry crafters, so be sure to do your best." We all nod and continue working on our designs. This project will take awhile. I have no ideas whatsoever on what to do. I wanted to take this class for animation. Anyway, I started to get an idea and started to work on it. Tyler already started and looks happy. He's always liked to draw, same with me. He always drew gems and jewelry during Highschool. Now he's taking all of those thoughts and coming up with his best idea yet. Knowing Tyler, he's probably doing a ring. I decided to be different and go with earrings. I'm pretty sure a lot of people are doing rings. As I was drawing, I keep coming up with ideas. Tyler looked kind of frustrated. He's probably thinking about how to design his. Sirius walks over to him and hugs him. Tyler perks up and continues to draw. Sirius is so nice to him. Despite being so quiet. Now that I think about it, Tyler's probably not coming up with one, but many different styles of jewelry. He likes to make many at once and choose a favorite. Lunch was coming around and I was going to head to lunch when the teacher called me. Everyone left and me and Sirius stayed behind. She walks to Sirius and says "So, you're Andy's destined. It's nice to meet you." I look at her in surprise and ask "You can see Sirius?!" She nods and says "Yeah. You see, I'm married to a spirit, but no one can see them, so I go by Miss." I nod and ask "So what's your spirit's element?" She chuckles and says "He's the spirit of sight." I nod and say "It makes sense." She nods and says "I know, right?" Tyler comes in and asks "You coming Andy? What about you, Sirius?" This time it was the teacher's turn to be surprised. She then asks "How is Tyler able to see the Sirius?!" I explain to her what happened and she says "Huh. Foresight. That would make sense." I nod and say "Yeah, Tyler really wants a spirit to be with though." Tyler then says to the teacher "You know that Sirius isn't the only destined Andy has, right?" She then says "Well it's true that someone can have 2." I laugh nervously and she says "What's so funny?" I gulp and say "I don't have 2... I have 5." She then says "WHAT?!?!" I nod and say "Yeah, Sirius here is the Spirit of the Stars. The other's are the Spirit of the River, Spirit of the Forest, Spirit of the Flame, and Spirit of the Winds." She then says "Wow, that's quite a bit." I rub the back of my neck and say "Yeah, and they're quite a handful." She says "I bet." She quietly says "5... Is that even possible?" I shrug and say "Apparently." She nods and says "Well, I won't hold you here any longer. Go on and have lunch." I nod and we go out to the cafeteria to eat.