16

Camila

Lauren Jauregui is her girlfriend.

Lauren Michelle Jauregui, award winning actress and star of TV sensation Silverhollow is her girlfriend. The statement is almost laughable; is she in some kind of weird fever dream? It's kind of hilarious how weird her life is; not only is she dating the woman she used to idolise, but Lauren Michelle Jauregui, the prettiest girl in the whole world and one of her best friends, is her girlfriend. Lauren Jauregui is her girlfriend who actually reciprocates her feelings.

That's insanity in itself. Her crush actually likes her back? It's like Camila's whole world has turned upside down.

"Hi, babe," says her girlfriend, Lauren Jauregui, holding out a Styrofoam coffee cup and a paper bag with a muffin in it. "Beat you to it."

"So you did," Camila observes, and she really wants to kiss her, but that's the thing about dating Lauren Jauregui. Anyone could be watching. "You look beautiful today. But you always look beautiful, so... nothing new."

Lauren smiles. "Thanks, Camz. You look stunning, too."

Camila finds that hard to believe, because she's literally just wearing a ratty old sweater and a pair of ripped jeans; mostly because she only has three classes today and she really can't be bothered getting herself all prettied up for them. "I really want to kiss you."

Lauren meets her gaze for a moment; she looks a little surprised. She expects to be shot down, expects Lauren to take her somewhere private for a good-morning kiss, but instead, the older girl just cocks an eyebrow as if she's challenging her.

"Then kiss me."

Camila blinks in surprise. "In public?"

Lauren laughs, taking her hand and pulling her into an alleyway between the coffee shop and the university building next to it. "You are my girlfriend. Pretty sure you're allowed to do that."

"You're not out." Camila observes; there's been nothing in the media about Lauren, no casual coming-out tweet, and yet she's asking her to kiss her right in the middle of campus? Granted, they're down an alleyway, but it's still public, "Or did I miss something? And you said that you wanted to keep things low key."

"Just because I don't want to make a big deal about my sexuality doesn't mean I'm in a closet. I've accepted myself and I'm proud to be bisexual. Besides, low key is different to secret." Lauren shrugs, pulling Camila closer by the waist with one hand, "don't you want to kiss me, Camz?"

"I really do," Camila assures, "I just want to make sure you're comfortable."

"I am," Lauren replies, "I told you, I don't want you to be a secret, and you just look so pretty right now that I'd love it if you... if you kissed me good morning."

After considering it for a few moments, and looking around to make sure nobody is watching or pointing a camera in their direction, Camila pulls her in for a kiss; nothing too explicit, just a quick peck on her lips before she takes her hand. "Alright then. Girlfriend. You're my girlfriend."

Lauren flashes her a bright smile. "Yeah, I am. And you're mine."

Camila's whole heart feels warm as they walk away from the coffee shop, and Lauren doesn't drop her hand. She doesn't know what she'd expected, honestly; she wasn't sure if Lauren would want to keep their relationship a complete secret, because she's not out, or if she'd have a whole 'coming-out' thing. This seems like a happy medium, something Camila knows she can handle; she knows first-hand just how ruthless the fandom can be when Lauren is linked to someone, but she figures that because she's a woman, it won't be as bad when they find out.