Epilogue

Assalamu Alaikum lovely people.

Wow, it's been a while and believe me I missed writing so much and I missed you guys too, your comments and everything.

So here's the epilogue, this is the last time you guys will hear from Safaa and her family... Lemme not be emotional.

Asma'u helped me write this chapter, or should I say I would not have written the Epilogue at all without her help. May Allah bless her.

Thank you dear, you're an angel AsmauIsaAli

This chapter is dedicated to her and all the lovers of Safaa.

The cold wind of early August hit her face as she stared out of the balcony, taking in nature. It had just finished raining when her phone rang. This time would always be her favorite season of the year, she had stopped wishing she could play in the rain since she had Yusrah, but watching the rain and devouring the scent of earth was something she could never abandon. Life was good and she was inexplicably and genuinely happy. She picked her phone up from the coffee table near her, beside her fashion magazine. The corners of her mouth turned up when she saw who the caller was. It was Hajiya Turai.

"Assalamu alaikum, Mama" She greeted when she answered the phone.

Wa alaikum Salaam, Safarau. How are you today?" Hajiya Turai answered from the other end of the phone.

"Alhamdulillah, Mamaa. I'm fine. How's Kawu Sunusi and Mommy?" Safaa asked as she went into the room and sat down by the edge of the bed.

"They are all fine. Mommy went to Fadwa's house"

"Oh, yes. I'm waiting for Ya Ahmad and Yusra to come back so that we will go there too. And they're still not back" Safaa said as she tried to thwart her annoyance.

Ya Ahmad took Yusra for ice cream two hours ago saying they would go to Hajiya Turai's house after getting it but they were still not back. It had been four years since Fadwa and Shukrah got married and Fadwa gave birth only a week before, she went through Safaa's ordeal but luckily for her, her mother in-law was nothing like her mother, no one among her husband's family ever mocked her for not giving birth. Shukrah's baby was already three years old, they were happy too, Life was just a replica of what Safaa had always imagined for her family. Peace, Contentment and Serenity visited the family four years ago, and they all came to stay.

Hajiya Turai laughed

"They left here. They said they're heading home so I think you should be expecting them any moment from now. And also, I gave Ahmadu your asoebi for Aishas wedding. Her mother sent all the aseobis yesterday"

"Okay, Mama. Thank you"Safaa said before she heard the door bell ring.

"Mama I think they're here"

"No problem. If Fadwa refuses the hot bath again, tell me okay? I know Mommy will be easy on her but I wont" Hajiya Turai said, making both herself and Safaa burst into fits of laughter.

"Toh, Mama" Safaa said still laughing.

They bade each other good bye before hanging up. Safaa was still smiling while looking at the her phone.
It had been three years but anytime she talked with Hajiya Turai it felt like the first time they were talking as in-laws. Hajiya Turai's diagnose of schizophrenia lasted for not more than five months before she became an exhibiting courtesy person. She became nice and kind. She smiled a lot now and did not shout for the smallest of things like before. She was now a turned leaf. Her hatred towards Safaa began disappearing the day Safaa took Ahmad to see her at the hospital. Now Hajiya Turai only portrayed kindness and geniality towards them.