Chapter 22: Lost And Found

After last night, Draco and I just went inside and went to sleep. We still were golding each other when we woke up. I was running my fingers through his hair when he woke up. "Good morning," he said with a yawn. "To you too," I said back. There was a sudden bang at the window. I looked over and saw an owl holding something, but it wasn't Hedwig. Draco seemed to know what it was. "It's our family owl.. it's another request." He got up and took the note. 

"Remember what you promised me, Harry? I have to take care of some stuff today, and you need to stay here." I looked at him. "Draco, what does it say?" "He knows.. about us. He knows what you mean to me now. I just have to do something.. okay?" His voice sounded shaky. "Just let me help you," I said to him. "Harry, please. I need you to trust me, alright?" Draco quickly got dressed. He looked like he was on the edge of breaking. He came over to me and said, "You know how much I love you. I need you to remember that, forever and always." 

"I love you too, but Draco.." he interrupted me by kissing me, it felt like goodbye, and I didn't even know why. He got up and held my hand one last time before letting go. "I'll.. I'll see you later," he said before rushing out. I didn't know what was happening, but I trusted him. I still got up and got dressed. This was killing me. He could be in danger. Draco always tried to keep his feelings inside. I went down to the hall, and started to look for him. He was nowhere to be found. 

I just sat down with Ron and Hermione, who could tell I looked worried. "Draco left.." I told them. "What, what do you mean?" Hermione asked me. "He got a letter this morning, and he said he had to take care of something. I don't know where he went, and I can't help but think he's in trouble." "Do you trust him?" I nodded and said, "Of course, but you know the world we live in. Voldemort is after him, because of me. I can't let him live like that." 

Hermione took my hand. "Harry, he's in love with you. That's why he's doing whatever he's supposed to. He even told me. After a class we have together, he came over to me and started talking about how much he loves you. But if I were you, I'd find him. Someone like Draco doesn't come around often." I couldn't believe what she was saying. "And when.. or if you find him, call us.. if you need anything." I nodded smiled to her before I took off.

I couldn't let him go.. if only it wasn't too late. I searched everywhere I could, but I couldn't find him. I just went up to our spot and stared out for a little bit. What was happening? Everything was fine, until today. I know it's Voldemort, and his family.. but what did they want from him? Couldn't they just take me instead? 

But all of a sudden I started to hear noises in my head and I fell to the ground. It was Voldemort. "If you want him back.. come to me. If not, he will pay the price for you." I had a vision of where they were.. the lookout not far from here. Then I remembered. He had to kill Dumbledore. And if he didn't, Snape had to take his place. I ran over there, but I wasn't sure what to do. Dumbledore said I had to do what I was told, he told me not to mess with it. And I had to live by what I said.. no matter how much it hurt.