2

(Her)

Home sweet home... Well, home was never here for me. I never thought I will come back! And after all those years I didn't miss it! At all! 9 years, almost, and nothing has changed. Wow, not asking why I left...

"Well, it doesn't turn how we were expecting." says Chris.

"Absolutely not, how did I accept to lead the pack for a month! " I can't believe it! Lucky me!

Darius starts to laugh: "I wish I could see Anton's Face when I will learn you are staying a month... at least"

He is enjoying this too much... As I don't know that yet. Good thing he is not answering my phone and as I know him I would say he is not going to answer my calls for weeks.

"Doctor Farnsworth, what can you tell us about Alpha Liam health?" I asked turning toward her, not wanted to speak about the party pounder.

" He is lucky to be alive. He is still feeling his wolf but is not able to speak with him. He is really weak and needs a lot of rest to have a chance to go through this without losing his wolf or his life. I already saw a few cases like his and they all die after a few days. He needs absolute rest."

" Why kind of poison do you think it is?" Asked Darius. Something told me I will not like the answer.

"I think he ingested a powerful poison. The LB Toxin I would say." She said looking at me.

"How is it even possible? I thought the last flask had been destroyed months ago... Can you confirm it in some way? And if he has really ingested this poison why he is still breathing?" I asked her.

"I took a blood sample after I analyze it I will be able to confirm what kind of poison is in his system. For why he is still alive now I will say I would say because of his mate?"

" What is so special about Eleonora?" Says Ezra. We all turn to look at him. Does is think before speaking. Actually yes...

"A strong love can save from everything... Almost" deepens Chris.

" Well, he still needs to rest if possible in bed." Says the doctor. She turned one more time back to me before to add: " He needs someone to take over his alpha job during his recovery, it's too stressful for his state."

"Well he was so happy to see me, for sure knowing I will be the one leading his pack will not be another reason to be stress. No to forget I have a perfect knowledge of this pack!" My voice is full of sarcasm. Good job Anna-Lynn! Why live a simple life when you can complicate it all by your self. " I will work with his father like that he will help me to lead the pack and I don't give a reason to Alpha Markus to broke our deal. Hopefully, it will calm Liam to know I'm not leading his pack alone. "

" Yes, I think it's what he wants for you to leave and not do your job as his "true" mate. But he needs you and I don't trust Alpha Markus. He will strike as soon as he can." Says Chris before asking Darius" Do you still think he did that now because he wants to kill his mate?"

" Definitely! He didn't even look at her. I think he wants to claim another mate and he can't if his true mate is wearing his mark. The only way is to kill her. After so long, I don't see another logical explanation. It's not like she was hiding. Everybody knew who she was and where she was." He answers.

Chris nods to agree with him: "it's true, I would like to know who wants to mate with him? If it's willing."

"In the case why not kill her directly. He could have, he succeeded to poison the Alpha" I asked.

"Ego, Alpha tends to have the biggest one. Killing the Alpha in combat also avoids war between two packs and he will have the biggest pack that never existed." Chris tells me.