35

NAMJOON POV

I couldn't believe it.

As I walked back out in the living-room with her I couldn't stop thinking about the painting. She made that from her heart...she put thought into it...she...she...

I stopped in my tracks turning towards her taking her off guard. I pushed her against the wall again and I couldn't stop myself from pressing my lips against hers. The feeling I get, the adrenalin pumping through me was so overwhelming. The need to kiss her, to love her, was all I could think about.

I needed her. 

The kiss was sloppy as my need for her drove me. I couldn't think straight; in fact, I couldn't think about anything else but her. Her body, mind, and soul. I wanted all of it. I wanted her more than I ever wanted anyone. 

Could I tell her that?

She started to tap on my arm and he realization that we both were losing our breath hit me and reluctantly I pulled back from the lip lock. I stared into her beautiful blue eyes, and panted not allowing myself to move too far from her. 

"Thank you." I whispered to her before she could say anything. "Thank you so much." I closed my eyes and rested my head against her shoulder. Her arm came up and softly rubbed my back. "You mean so much to me, and that painting says so much. I don't even know if you intended what I interpreted but...its beautiful." I kissed the soft skin of her neck. "You're beautiful." I kissed her again. She didn't say anything, and we stayed like that in each other's arms for a few minutes before I pulled back. "I'm sorry...no one has ever given me something that they made before...it means a lot."

"I'm just glad you liked it." She smiled making my heart rise in my chest. 

"I loved it." I took her hand again and pulled her softly to follow me to the living-room. We sat down and I let out a breath before looking into her confused eyes. 

"You look like you're about to be sick, Namjoon. Are you okay?" 

"I am great." I smiled. "I'm just...overwhelmed with how I feel right now that's all." She nodded and I moved to take out my wallet where the receipt for the payment was. "I didn't wrap it." I told her. She watched me intently and I pulled the folded paper from my wallet and handed it to her.

She took it from me and started unfolding it making my heart race. I really didn't want her to be upset. When she had it all the way open her eyes scanned the ink. I wasn't sure if she was grasping what it was until I saw her hand lift to cover her mouth and her eyes fill with tears. Immediately I could see several little drops fall from her eyes and she moved to stand off the couch, clutching the receipt in her hands. She fell to her knees making me move to mine, and she leaned forward pressing her head to the carpet of the living room. I heard her take in a deep breath before a harsh sob escaped her and it made my heart clench. 

"Baby...I...are you...what's wrong? I'm sorry...are you upset?" I rubbed her back and I could feel her shake with each sob she let out. I felt as if my heart was being ripped apart, seeing her so upset like this was agonizing. "Y/N..." 

She lifted up and sat on her heels, her face was red and her eyes bloodshot with tears running down her cheeks. She still had the receipt clutched in her hand in a fist, holding it against her heart. 

"H-how d-did you d-do th-this?" She asked through her cries. 

"I had help." I said swallowing thickly. "Jin was there to authorize it." 

Her beautifully sad eyes searched mine before she spoke again. She sniffed and let out another sob before being able to get her words out. "Why?" she asked me. "Why would you..."