Chapter 1 - The Ruins

Classic Sans's POV
Ink was super worked up about this new, or well old, AU that he discovered with Dream. So, I agreed to come with them into this newly discovered AU to get the experience of it. A bunch of other Sanses came along and we all met at the paper. It looked really similar to my universe but they were all humans and me and Papyrus are gender-swapped. Weird, to say the least.

"Ready?" Ink asked, everyone nodded then grasped onto the paper.

Soon enough, we were in the universe, laying on a bed of golden flowers. This universe seemed no different from the others but I guess the area is darker than the others. We all got up and made it into the next room, where we were greeted with a sleeping dog laying in a bed of golden flowers. I guess this is the 'Flowey' of this universe.

We avoided the dog and moved onto the next room, where we were greeted by a lady, "Oh goodness!" she was startled, "Goodness me! I never thought to see another child again..." She notices the group, "Children, I mean! Oh, what a lucky day!" She warmly smiles, "I am Toriel, caretaker of the ruins. Come, my children, let's get something for all of you."

The Toriel in this universe is very much like the normal Toriel, the only thing different is that she's a human instead of a monster. We followed her through the ruins, showing us several puzzles but she mostly told us the answers to all of them. After some time, she left to do something which allowed us to explore the ruins a bit more.

(Y/N)'s POV
I was sleeping soundly at my post until I felt something clog my breathing, I quickly woke up and gasp for air. And there I saw my little sister, "(Y/N)! You were sleeping at your post again so I decided to teach you a lesson!" She giggled.

"Haha, very funny sis, but I could use a breather sometimes, you know?" I snickered.

She pouted, "You always ruin the mood, (Y/N)!"

"I know..." I smiled, "Anyway, why are you here, sis?" I stretched a bit.

"Can't a sister come see her sister?"

I raised my eyebrow, she was behind something and that something was training, "Do you want to go to your training again?" She nods. "You know you can just text me that, right?"

She crossed her arms, "Well of course I do, sister! You take so long to answer my messages, that's why! So I have to come to your post and then I find you sleeping!" I giggled.

"Yeah yeah, go have fun." I smiled, she giggled and skipped away back into Snowdin. "Stay safe, sis..." I mumbled. I'm quite overprotective of my sister. She's really the only biological family I have left and she is my little sister after all. And if someone dares hurts her, then they'll regret ever doing so.

Ink's POV
After exploring the ruins, we met Toriel again. She welcomed us into her home and offered us some butterscotch cinnamon pie to eat. As we were eating the pie, Toriel asked us who we were and we all introduced ourselves to her. I also explained to her why we were here and I asked her a few questions about the universe, "So, how did this come to be? Why are humans trapped underground?"

She cleared her throat, "Long ago, two races ruled the Earth: HUMANS and MONSTERS. One day, war broke out between the two races. After a long battle, the monsters were victorious. The monsters sealed all the humans into the underground with a magic spell."

"Do you ever talk to anyone inside the ruins? It seems very lonely here!" Blue asked.

She chuckles, "Well yes, it does sometimes. But I met this lovely girl not too long ago. She was making knock-knock jokes at the ruin door one day and I decided to answer here. After that, we've been talking to each other, making jokes, it's comforting..." She smiles.

"How much do you know her?" Classic Sans asked.

She thought for a bit, "Her name is (Y/N), she talks about her younger sister a lot..." She glances over to the clock, "Oh goodness, it's getting late...! You all must be tired, my children. I'll show you to your room..."

Toriel showed us to the bedroom and gave us extra blankets and pillows since there was a bundle of us. She wished us goodnight and we settled there for the night. I laid there, just pondering to myself about that girl. So, her name is (Y/N) and she seems very alike to Classic Sans. I hope to see her when we exit the ruins, it will be a pleasant surprise.