Sadie Adler: Snow Storm

Sadie Adler X Female Reader

Summary: you and Sadie get separated from the gang during a snow storm, leading to you both taking shelter in an abandoned cabin.

Word Count: 2400

You rode your horse right beside Sadie, making sure that neither of you strayed too far from the other. Even the horses were struggling to move easily through the thick blanket of snow on the ground. You held your hand out in front of your face in an attempt to block some of the snow from hitting your skin. You could barely see a foot ahead of you, it was all just white for as far as the eye could see.

You had both lost the rest of the gang a little while ago. The snowstorm caused a lot of disorientation and since you could barely see what was in front of you, it was easy to lose each other. You were pretty sure that they had all gotten separated as well, you just hoped that they were alright.

"I can't even tell where we are anymore" you called out to Sadie. Even though she was right beside you, you both had to speak loudly to hear each other over the winds.

"Neither can I...we should probably find somewhere to stop for the night or at least until the storm blows over" Sadie called back to you, there was no way you would both survive the night if the weather didn't get any lighter.

"But where?" you asked, turning your head to look at her. You both looked at each other before sighing, all you could do was keep riding and hope that your found some shelter.

"Y/N, over there!" Sadie shouted to grab your attention, pointing out in front of you both. You looked over to where she was pointing and you could just about make out the shape of a building through the thick snowstorm.

As you got closer to the structure you saw that it was an old abandoned cabin, it even had a small stables around the side of it.

"Thank God" you smiled to yourself, relieved that you had found somewhere to wait out the storm.

The pair of you rode over to the structure, riding the horses around the cabin and into the stables. You both dismounted your horses and hitched them before grabbing your camping supplies from them.

The stable wasn't very big but the horses would be warmer in here than outside, plus they would have a roof over their heads.

You and Sadie left the stables with your supplies slung over, and pushed the doors closed before walking towards the abandoned cabin. You both trudged through the snow but when you were about half way between the stables and the cabin, your foot sunk in the snow which caused you to stumble forward.

Sadie was quick to wrap one arm around your waist, her free hand catching your arm. She steadied you on your feet and chuckled to herself.

"Thanks" you mumbled, hanging your head to hide your pink tinted cheeks.

"Anytime" Sadie smiled before pulling away from you.

You both continued to trudge through the snow, making it to the cabin without another incident. The pair of you stepped inside and pushed the door closed, trapping the snow outside.

Dropping your camping supplies down on the ground next to the door, you and Sadie started to look around the cabin. The house wasn't very warm since it was pretty old, you could still feel a breeze coming from the winds outside.

Deciding to search the cabin, you headed towards the kitchen while Sadie walked towards the lounge.

"Do you think we will get snowed in?" you asked, calling to Sadie from another room, as you searched through some cupboards. The kitchen cupboards held some old good, none that you would risk eating, so it was a good thing that you had both brought your own food. There didn't seem to be anything of value.