Chapter 7: A troll and A Qudditch Match

As September left and October came rolling in, it brought with it, cooler and rainy weather. Halloween was upon them, Ron was having a bad day as he and Hermione were bickering as usual. He was still holding a grudge about Hermione, telling him how to pronounce Leviosa. That afternoon, Harry, Ron, Dean and Seamus were heading up to their common room, to put their books and backpacks away. Ron mocks Hermione as he rants to Seamus, "It's Leviosa not Leviosar." All but Harry laughs at that. Ron continues to rant, "She's a nightmare, honestly! No wonder she hasn't got any friends!" Hermione who was a just a few feet away from them, heard him. She pushes passed them crying. They stop and watch her go as Harry said, "I think she heard you. That evening they go down to the great hall for the Halloween Feast. The enchanted ceiling showed that it was storming outside. Lighting lit up the ceiling as the thunder was heard. Giant Jack-O-Lanterns floated near the ceiling amongst the floating candles as bats flew around near the ceiling. They sit at the table to eat. Delicious sweets of every kind laden all 5 tables. As they start to eat, Harry notices that Hermione wasn't there. He said, "Where's Hermione?" Neville said, "Parvait said that Hermione won't come out of the girl's bathroom. She said that Hermione's been there all afternoon, crying." Harry gives Ron a look. Ron shrugs as if to say, what. Suddenly, the double doors crashes open as Quirrell comes running up to the staff table, shouting, "TROLLS IN THE DUNGEONS! TROLLS IN THE DUNGEONS!" Everyone goes quiet as they watch Quirrell. The staff members stand up from their table and look at him in shock. Quirrell said, "Thought you ought to know...." He faints and collapse onto the stone floor. The students erupt in a state of panic, screaming. Dumbledore roars, "SILENCE!" Everyone quiets down again, looking scared at Dumbledore. Dumbledore said calmly, "Everyone will please not panic. Now, prefects will lead their house back to the dormitories. Teacher will follow me to the dungeon." While the teachers followed Dumbledore, Snape went through the door behind the staff table. He knew it was a diversion, he had to get to the stone to make sure it was safe. He had a gut feeling that Quirrell was behind it, that he may try to steal it. The prefects start shepherding the students to lead them to the dormitories. Percy who was a Gryffindor Prefect said, "Gryffindors keep up please and stay alert!" As he lead the Gryffindor students towards the moving staircases. Harry said, "How did a troll get in?" Ron said, "Not on its own, trolls are really stupid. Probably people playing jokes."

Harry realizes something and pulls Ron away from the line of Gryffindors. Ron said, "What?" He said, "Hermione! She doesn't know!" Harry starts to run. Ron realizing the kind of danger Hermione was in and runs after Harry. They run towards the girl's bathroom, but stop to hide nearby as they see a troll heading towards the girl's bathroom. Ron said, "I think the troll's left the dungeons." Harry said, "It's heading to the girl's bathroom!" Hermione come out of the stall, wiping her eyes, only to see a pair of troll feet. She looks up and sees a troll looking down at her. He was also holding a large club. Hermione slowly backs up towards the stall and runs to hide in one. The troll swings his club, breaking the top half of the stalls as it tries to get to her. Hermione screams in terror as she duck to the floor and covers her head. Ron and Harry runs into the bathroom and sees the troll. Harry said, "Hermione move!" Hermione starts to crawl from one stall to another, to get away from the troll. The troll swings the club to break the rest of the stalls. Hermione screams again as she shouts, "HELP!" Harry and Ron starts throwing pieces of the stalls at it, which does nothing until...... "OY PEABRAIN!" Ron shouted at it. That got its attention as the troll turns around to look at them. Only for it to see Hermione scurrying to hide under one of the sinks. Its attention was back on Hermione again as it raises its club once more. Hermione screams and moves out of the way just in time, as the troll swings its club and breaks the sink that she was hiding under only moments earlier. Hermione shouts, "HELP!" As she huddles under the sink. Harry pulls his wand out and runs at the troll. He grabs hold of the club as the troll raises it up again, taking him with it. Harry lets go and lands on his shoulder. His legs wraps around the troll's neck to keep himself from falling off. The troll felt him there and starts to try to knock him off. Only for Harry's wand to go up the troll's nose in the process. The troll sneezes and resumes trying to knock Harry off, only to succeed in grabbing him by the leg and holding him upside down. Harry said, "DO SOMETHING!" As the troll swings its club at him. He dodges it as Ron said, "What?!" Harry said, "ANYTHING!" As he dodges the troll's club again. Harry shouts, "Hurry up!" As Ron pulls his own wand out and points it at the troll's club. Hermione said, "Swish and flick!" Ron does just that as he finally enunciates correctly, "WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA!" As the troll swings once more, the club slips out of its hand and levitates a foot above its head. The troll, seeing his club gone, looks up. Only for the club to come down, hitting it right on its head. Ron said, "Cool!" As the troll lets go of Harry and passes out. Harry falls to the floor and scurries away as the troll fell to the floor, unconscious. As the dust settles, Hermione walks slowly towards them, eyeing the troll. She said, "Is the troll.... dead?" Harry said, "I don't think so, just knocked out." Harry leans down and pulls his wand out of the troll's nose, bringing bogies along with it. Harry said, "Ewwww Ugh! Troll bogies."