SNOWBALL

Chapter 11: snowball

One month later, The lab had been shut down after tapes were realeased by Nancy and Johnathan with help of Murray, El and Tee had become the legal children of Hopper, their birth certificates saying Jane and Molly, and the snowball was about to begin.

Tee was sat in the back of hoppers car, ignoring his lecture on staying inside, not bringing too much attention to themselves, not being allowed to kiss boys...

She instead was focusing on the world around her. She was nervous to see mike, but excited too. Her head was adorning a brown wig, and a flower crown rested on her head. She was wearing a beautiful blue dress Joyce had made, and had no makeup on. Eleven refused to do her makeup as she wouldn't stay still, too excited.

As soon as they got to the snowball they got out of the car, heading towards the school. They gave their tickets to the science teacher, who was confused on how they got them, but didn't ask questions as they went inside.

The girl's reactions were completely different upon entering. While El's eyes were wide with the amount of people, and she was scared for what was around her, Tee was excited, her eyes darting all around the room in hopes on falling upon a boy.

And when her eyes connected with those of Mike Wheeler, her smile widened to the point it hurt. She let out a squeal as she ran across the gym and into Mike's open arms - this obviously got stares, but Tee couldn't care less as she hugged the boy close. She had barely seen him in a month, and now they were finally back together.

They were happy.

"You look beautiful," Mike complimented the girl as his cheeks went pink. Tee smiled wide at the compliment as she did a twirl, making Mike laugh.

"Joyce made it!" Tee raved to the boy, "she-e showed me and she let m-me pick out the fabric and the beads and the ribbon-" She continued as Mike stared at her with a wide smile.

"I love the colour," Mike told her.

"I picked it... for you!" Tee told him shyly as the song suddenly turned slow. The police playing as couples danced.

"Wanna dance?" Mike asked her, making Tee look from the couples dancing to him. She nodded excitedly as she grabbed his hand and pulled him to an open space near Eleven and Will.

Mike slowly put his hands on her waist making her jump back with a laugh, annoying those around her, but mike found it adorable.

"Sorry, t-that tickled," she laughed, grabbing Mike's hands and putting them back on her waist. She put hers naturally around his neck. They stared into each others eyes for a moment, large smiles on their faces.

"I feel so cold and I long for your embrace."

Tee pulled him a little closer as she let her arms bend, he didn't oppose as he stared into the eyes of his childhood best friend, his smile growing wider.

Tee made the first move, moving her head close, waiting for mike to close the gap. He did, slowly, and their lips met, kissing for a couple seconds before pulling away.

Tee had been waiting over a year to do that again.

And it was completely worth the wait.