Chapter 5 - Dust

(Y/N)'s POV
The morning came fast, I had no alarm clock to wake me up but this was the first time in a while that I woke myself up. I sat up from the couch and stretched, "(Y/N)?" It was Papyrus, "You woke up earlier than usual...!" She said cheerfully.

I looked over to the time, "Oh... I did...." It was around nine, I'd usually wake up around the afternoon.

"That's great! Maybe I could teach you how to cook or maybe you could pick up your sock!" I giggled.

"Alright but I need to do some things first."

She crossed her arms, "Like what?"

I thought for a bit, "I need to freshen up first and give back Fell's and Fresh's clothes from the laundry room."

She sighed, "Fine, go ahead."

I teleported in the bathroom to freshen myself for the morning then went to grab Fell's and Fresh's clothes from the laundry room. I opened my bedroom door, they were still sleeping. I place their clothes next to them and went downstairs to my sister. She was busy making spaghetti, like always, trying to make the recipe perfect. She handed me a fresh plate of pasta, it tasted no different from the previous dishes she made.

"When you're done, we have to go to our patrol!" She said.

I shook my head, "I'm staying here, sis. What if our monster guest do something bad?"

"But-" She started.

I cut her off, "Sis, we can't use them. And besides, they have to go back home anyways. If you do find a monster, call me, alright?"

She sighs and nods, then leaves the house after our conversation. After I finished the spaghetti, I went to check on the others upstairs. They were starting to wake up, "Morning to you all..." I said to them, "When are you guys leaving for home?" I asked.

"Oh! We were planning to leave today." Ink said. "Thank you for everything, (Y/N)."

I smiled, "Yeah, it's no problem. It's cool to see that you guys exist. Also, once Fell and Fresh wake up, tell them to change into their clothes and throw my clothes somewhere." Ink nods and I closed the door.

With that, I went back into the living room and took the time to watch some TV. While I was laying on the couch, I started to feel a bit sleepy. I took the chance to sleep some more. I'm not sure how long I slept but I was woken up by Classic Sans. He gave me my phone and I opened it to see several missed messages and calls from my sisters. I quickly got up from the couch, put on my jacket and opened the door, "I'm heading out for a minute, don't break anything or my sis will get mad." Then I left like that.

Oh stars, why didn't I have my phone on me? I opened my messages to see that she found a monster kid and that the kid is making their way into Waterfall. I walked past my house, into a mist of fog and called out for Papyrus, "Where are you, sis?" I waited for her to answer back but I got nothing, "Papyrus?! Sis?!" I quicken my pace, "Papyrus! This isn't funny! Stop messing around!" I looked around the fog, no one was around. I continued to walk around until I saw something, it was a red scarf, laying on the ground.

My eyes widen, it couldn't be her, it can't be. I got to my knees and picked up the scarf, this is all my fault, why didn't I come with her? I clenched her scarf, "This is all a bad dream, right? It must be but it feels too real. Why did you have to leave me so soon? Who did this to you, Papyrus? Who?!" I took her scarf and wrapped it around my neck, "Whoever did this to you, they're going to have a BAD TIME!" I was filled with anger and grief, the only person I had left is gone forever. I snapped and teleported into Alphys's lab, "Alphys!" I startled her, "Where's the damn monster kid?!" I yelled.

"(Y-Y/N)! T-The monster kid is almost in Hotland, they're fighting Undyne..."

"... They're going to kill her!"

Alphys tried calming me down, "(Y/N)... I know what happened... I'm so sorry." She hugs me.

"Do you have the video of it...?" She nods, "Show it to me...!"

She looks at me, "(Y/N), wh-" I cut her off.

"Just show me!" I raised my voice.

Dream's POV
When (Y/N) left to check on something, she didn't come back yet. We were all a bit worried about her. Her sister was also gone too. We waiting for twenty minutes and she hasn't returned yet. I gave the others a concerned look, "Should we look for her?" I asked.

"We should, she left a while ago." Classic Sans said.

"Some of us should stay here, just in case if she does come back." Ink said.

"I'll stay." Geno said.

Ink nods, "Alright. Fell, you stay here too." Fell rolls his eyes.

Ink, Classic Sans, Blue, Fresh, and I teleported to different areas of the underground, trying to cover as much area to see if (Y/N) was there. I teleported to the judgment hall and that's where I saw her, with her hood up. I hid behind a pillar and peeked over to see what she was doing. I heard small footsteps then saw a monster child.

(Y/N) looked at the child, "Heya. You've been busy, huh...? So, I've got a question for you; do you think even the worst person can change...? That everyone can be a good person, if they just try?" There was silence until she started laughing, "Heh heh heh.... Alright. Well, here's a better question. Do you wanna have a bad time? Cause if you take another step forward... you're REALLY not going to like what happens next..." The child took a step forward, "Welp..." She put her hood down, "Sorry, old lady. This is why I never make promises...."

Just then, she summoned her attacks. "Remember the time when you killed my SISTER?! What has she done?! I don't understand you, kid...!" Then she dodged the child's attack. "I remember a time where I promised this lady behind the ruin door that I'd protect any child that went out of the ruins... guess I have to break that promise. This is why I don't make any promises!" She smiled at the child.

After several attacks and many brutal injuries, (Y/N) spoke up, "Hey, I know that you're tired of fighting.... Someone else is controlling you and you can't stop that. No matter what you do, you can't stop.... So, come on buddy, take control and spare SOMEONE." The child dropped their knife and began to cry, "It's okay to cry... now come here...!" She held her arms out, the child hugged her. "Do you think... I would spare you? Even after you killed every single human here?!" She impaled the child with her attack, "Be a dear and don't come back.... This will help you, okay? Who do you trust more?" Everything was silent.

Then it happened again, the child came back to their save point, "I guess you don't trust me then, I guess I have to play dirty then! You dirty sister killer!" The monster child slashed their knife then (Y/N) grabbed their wrist, taking their knife away, "Now, let's switch the roles a bit...." She giggles, "Sorry to do this kiddo but don't mess with me!"