Chapter 18

Jisoo stood frozen to the spot and tried to take in what the raven had just said.

No... no! I have to stop her, I have to talk to her...I...

She took off, desperately trying to catch up with the raven. When she reached the top of the slope she saw the raven a few feet ahead of her.

"Jennie! Wait!" she called out and started to run towards her.

Jennie didn't stop, tears were running down her face. Jisoo called out again and when she reached the raven she grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Please wait." she pleaded.

Jennie didn't turn around.

"Don't make this harder than it already is Jisoo." Jennie said and shook Jisoo's hand off before she continued walking.

"Can't we at least talk about it?" Jisoo said.

"There's nothing more to say..."

"I know that you have feelings for me... " Jisoo said.

Jennie stopped for a second when she heard Jisoo's words then continued walking a little faster. Jisoo ran up to the raven and stopped her by stepping in front of her.

"Look me in the eye and tell me you don't feel something for me... " Jisoo said and looked straight into her eyes.

Jennie swallowed hard and met Jisoo's gaze.

"I...I can't feel like this, don't you get it? I can't feel this way about you.. I can't... " Jennie said almost desperately.

"Please Jisoo, I need to go back to the cottage. I... please Jisoo.." Jennie said through her tears.

Jisoo held back her own tears as she stepped aside to let the raven pass. Jennie gave Jisoo one last look then left the brunette behind. As soon as Jennie walked away Jisoo couldn't hold back the tears anymore.

Jennie walked in a daze the whole way back. She couldn't think straight, her mind was a complete mess. When she reached the end of the forest and saw the cottage up ahead she walked faster. She just needed to get away from it all.

Dara had returned and was just about to go back to the car to get the last bag when Jennie came round the corner of the cottage.

"Jennie, hi? Are you guys alrea-" she stopped mid sentence when she saw that the girl was crying and looked very upset.

Jennie ignored Dara, she couldn't deal with this now. Storming pass the surprised woman she ran straight to her room and threw herself down on the bed.

Dara looked at the cabin door confused, what was wrong with the raven and where was Jisoo? Suddenly her daughter appeared, looking just as upset as the raven. She walked towards the boathouse never even looking in her mother's direction. Dara knew immediately that something was up by the way the two women were acting, and it wasn't something good.

Jisoo saw her mother in the corner of her eye but she never looked in her direction. She knew it would only be a matter of time before her mother would come after her. She headed straight to the boathouse where she grabbed her bag and put it on the bed before she started to throw her belongings into it. Tears was running down her face which she furiously wiped away.

Dara left the last bag of groceries on the front porch then walked down to the boathouse.

"Jisoo?" she asked as she walked into the small building.

"What?" Jisoo all but shouted.

"What happened?" her mother asked and stepped closer to her upset daughter.

"Nothing." Jisoo said and zipped her bag close.

"It's not 'nothing' Jisoo, Jennie just stormed into the cabin with tears running down her cheeks and here you are, packing your stuff and I can see that you've been crying too. So don't give me 'nothing' Jisoo." Dara said and walked over to her daughter.

"I don't wanna talk about it..." Jisoo said.

"Well you're gonna talk about it, and why are you packing?" Dara asked.

"I'm going home." Jisoo simply said and threw the bag over her shoulder.

Dara looked at her daughter quizzically.

"What? Home? Jisoo, what happened?" Dara asked and put her hand on Jisoo's arm.

"It's complicated..." Jisoo said meekly.

"Come on Jisoo, you know you can talk to me about anything." Dara said gently and gestured for her daughter to sit down on the bed.

Jisoo sank down on the bed with a sigh, looking down on her hands not knowing where to start. Dara hadn't seen her daughter like this in a long time so she knew something serious had happened. She put one arm around Jisoo's shoulder.

"Has something happened between you and Jennie?" she asked tentatively.

Jisoo nodded slowly, her head still down. She could feel new tears was about to erupt and she knew she wouldn't be able to hold them back. She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, Dara waited patiently for Jisoo to speak.

"I'm in love with her..." she finally whispered as new tears slowly trickled down her cheek.

Dara's jaw dropped and she gasped in surprise. Of all the things she'd thought Jisoo would say, those five words was definitely not on her list. Jisoo heard her mother's gulp of surprise but couldn't bring herself to look at the woman.

"I know it's fucking crazy and wrong and that I've only known her for a couple of days but I'm in love with her mom..." Jisoo said afraid of what her mother would think.

"I...I... well to say I'm shocked would be an understatement. How did this happen?" Dara asked.

"I don't know...it just did... I understand if you're freaking out and that you're disappointed in me... but I didn't plan for this to happen and God how I wish I could take it back..." Jisoo said while her tears kept streaming down her face.

It was true, she wished she would've been stronger. Sure, Jennie was the one who kissed her the first time but Jisoo was definitely the one who initiated what led to the second which led them to go further and now everything was a complete mess.

"And Jennie? Does she have feelings for you too?" Dara asked, still shocked by this revelation.

"I know she feels something for me but it doesn't matter, she's engaged and is getting married in a couple of months so..." Jisoo said defeated.

Dara didn't know what to say, her daughter was obviously very upset but she didn't know how to respond, how to comfort her cause her own mind was working on over drive trying to process everything.

"Please don't be mad... I'm so sorry for messing everything up and I'm sorry for disappointing you but I'm gonna leave. I'm gonna go home... I can't stay here..." Jisoo said and wiped away the tears.

She got up from the bed and grabbed her bag. Her mother stayed on the bed trying to make sense of it all. Jisoo stopped by the door, she turned around and looked at her mother. Dara was staring into space with a troubled expression on her face, obviously trying to take everything in. Jisoo opened the door and left.

The sound of the door closing brought Dara back to reality. She looked up and noticed that Jisoo was gone. Her first thought was to try and catch up with her daughter and convince her to stay but she couldn't move. She was completely shocked by this news and needed some time to process everything.

Jisoo threw her bag in the backseat and started the car, leaving a cloud of dust behind her as she drove away from the cottage..