- 37 -

CHAPTER 37

"I'm so in love with you, I hope you know. Darling your love is more than worth its weight in gold."

"Y/n?"

You turned to your right, taking your earbuds out of your ears. Alya chuckled at you.

"Are you okay? You've been quiet for the past 10 minutes." Alya asked you. You smiled at her.

"I'm okay, just thinking." You smiled. Alya places her arm around you.

"We've been standing in front of the school, waiting for Marinette for 14 minutes. How much sleep can this girl get?" Alya joked. You giggled.

Your attention was driven away from Alya when you saw Adrien get out of the same silver car he always had been driven around in. He noticed you and smiled. You smiled.

He started to trot towards you and Alya.

"Hey Y/n, Alya. Good morning." Adrien charmed. Alya smiled at Adrien, before she looked at you. Patting your shoulder, she pointed behind Adrien.

"I'm gonna go talk to Marinette, see you in class."

You nodded and watched Alya walk away before turning your attention to Adrien again. You noticed him staring. You waved your hand in front of his eyes, to which he blinked.

"Wha?- Oh, sorry." Adrien rubbed his forehead. You nervously chuckled.

"It's okay." You responded. The two of you stood there for a few seconds, awkwardly.

Just before you were about to speak, the bell rang. You mentally sighed in relief before smiling nervously at Adrien and turning around, quickly walking to class.

✰ ✰ ✰

As you ate lunch sitting with Marinette, Alya, Adrien and Nino, you got lost in thought thinking about Chat Noir.

With everything happening you completely forgot that he had asked to reveal himself to you. You felt chills through your spine.

Was it really worth it? You weren't in a committed official relationship with him. Would you be in danger? Would he be in danger?

"Y/n!"

You looked up from the table, which you were staring at without realizing it. Everyone at the table was staring at you, concerned.

"Sorry." You spoke. Alya leaned closer.

"Are you feeling okay? You look a little flustered." Alya said. You nodded.

"I feel fine, thanks for asking. I'm just lost in thought." You said, shifting in your seat. Nino cleared his throat as he swallowed a bite of food.

"What's on your mind?" Nino asked you. You shook your head.

"Oh, it's nothing serious! I'm just stressing myself out with my overthinking." You chuckled, rather nervously.

Adrien placed his hand on yours. Your eyes met. He smiled.

"Y/n, If you are dealing with things we want you to know we're here for you. You can talk to us." Adrien spoke. You looked down at your lap, before looking at your friends.

You moved your hand away from Adrien, moving a strand of your hair behind your ear.

"Alright. I guess I'm curious about some things." You cleared your throat. Your friends leaned closer, especially Adrien.

But of course, you didn't notice.

"I was just wondering..."

You looked directly at Alya, then Nino.

"How do you know you're in love?"