02: thirst

"You'll love her, " Jimin promised for the third time that afternoon and although the rest remained polite in their reactions, Jungkook couldn't help but scoff.

"I highly doubt it," He muttered under his breath yet loudly enough to earn him a threatening glare from Seokjin.

Normally, Jungkook wasn't this wary of Jimin's spontaneous nature. In fact, he was usually the one encouraging it in hopes of securing himself an order of iced coffee (much like he'd done today). But factor in his landlady accusing him of staging the recent break-in when he asked for compensation while having his paycheck delayed for the second time that month, and even four shots of caffeine couldn't lift up the poor boy's spirits.

The fact that he'd been persuaded out of his pity party and into leaving his apartment to meet up with his friends—all 12 of them—didn't help either.

"So, tell me about this friend of your's," Chaeyoung smiled at Jimin in hopes of easing the tension at the table with small conversation. 

"She's awesome," Jimin gushed, while Jungkook resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

"I guess it just comes with being a model," Taehyung winked and this time it was Jennie's turn to scoff.

"You're only saying that because you're one."

"Exactly, sweetheart."

Jungkook observed the pair's flirtatious exchange from his seat with disgust as he took another sip of his iced coffee and glanced at the clock to see that an hour had passed.

Aside from studying for finals and losing a bet, tardiness was probably his greatest pet peeve. "Punctuality is the soul of business, son" was what his father had told him when he confessed his plans of becoming a financial analyst at the age of 17, nearly four years ago.

Naturally, he followed his father's advice unquestioningly and expected others to treat his time just as valuably, although Jimin liked to protest that there was no fun in that.

It seems like his friend felt the same way Jungkook thought dryly as there was no sign of the woman arriving yet. Taking this as an opportunity to escape, he cleared his throat.

"Thanks for the coffee, Jimin. It's really nice of you and all but I really have to go," Jungkook reached over the table to grab his phone, only to be met with an angry pinkette (who tucked the former's phone in the pocket of his jeans).

"The hell?" Jungkook narrowed his eyes and swiped at Jimin in frustration. The latter remained indifferent and shook his head.

"I told you, Kook. I want everyone to meet her, even you."

"Well, I'm busy!" Jungkook bit back. "Just give me my phone so I can leave."

When he saw that the elder wasn't planning on letting up, Jungkook ran a hand through his dark hair before rising to his feet. "Fine, just keep it. I'm leaving."

As he turned on his heel, intending to slam the café door for emphasis on his way out, he was surprised to find his face mere centimeters away from an awfully familiar one.

He remained dumbfounded as the woman tilted her head towards the left to observe his features before her dark brown eyes lit up with recognition.

"Oh," She smiled widely, her nose wrinkling slightly at the movement. "We meet again."

.

"You didn't tell me you knew Lisa," Jimin interrogated from behind his frappuccino, watching his best friend with suspicion.

"I didn't," Jungkook mumbled while stirring the ice cubes in the remnants of his drink. "We met at the beach."

Jimin remained silent for a minute before bursting into laughter. "Oh," he turned to face Lisa. "The guy you were talking about was Jungkook?"

Jungkook, like his other friends, turned towards the blonde in confusion and judging by her smile, he guessed that yes, he was indeed that guy.

As the girls tried to fish out all the details about the incident, Jungkook took the time to admire the blonde's features.

Like the other day, she was dressed simply with the exception of her ruby necklace and her signature red lipstick. Her hair was pulled away from her face in a loose ponytail and fell behind her exposed shoulders as she talked with her hands in equal excitement.

Eventually, his gaze dropped to the drink she held tightly in her right hand and sipped from every now and then. Had he not been friends with Jimin, an avid Starbucks enthusiast, he would've mistaken it for one of the popularized berry refreshers. But her's— it was a deep red and rather viscous for lemonade.

As if intrigued in the same way, Joy tapped the side of Lisa's drink and caught the blonde by surprise.

"Is this what you models drink?" She joked lightheartedly. "Let your girl have a taste too, would ya'?"

Lisa merely smiled. "You're already gorgeous," She replied warmly, causing Joy to grin in return. "And plus," she paused, lifting the cup to her painted lips.

Jungkook was taken aback to say the least when her eyes locked with his own, almost sensing his curiosity, as the liquid slipped down her throat and she seized the moment to lick off the residue—all the while staring at him like the vixen she was.

"I'm kind of thirsty," She finished, flashing him a sinful smirk before returning to her conversation as if nothing happened.

❂✴❁✴❂

author's note: i love reading comments so please feel free to write them. thank you for reading :)