15: bite

disclaimer: slightly mature content !

Five minutes never went by slower.

Maybe it was because this time, Lisa was counting by seconds and struggled to appear occupied until finally, she managed to slip past her friends— who to her relief, were too engrossed in Jin's stories to question her absence.

Truthfully, she wasn't entirely sure where she was heading. While she was certain that Jungkook disappeared into the dimly-lit hallway, the amount of doors extending till the far end didn't reassure her in the slightest. 

With Jin being the heir to an entertaintment company, Lisa figured that she should have anticipated this. However, in that moment, her nerves made it hard to think clearly let alone detect Jungkook's scent. Was it the second door? No, that was too close, wasn't it?

Reluctantly, Lisa reached for the doorknob only to falter in confusion when a click resounded from behind her and before she could react any further, a familiar hand tugged her into the bathroom she'd been searching for all along.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook apologized as her back hit the wall in his haste to lock the door.

Lisa nodded, far more interested in his intentions than dwelling on the impact when he buried his head in the crook of her neck—a content sigh escaping his lips at the action.

"Missed me that much?" She smiled in spite of her underlying nervousness, hands knotting in his dark locks at the feeling of his lips against her neck.

"More than usual," Jungkook replied cheekily as his kisses travelled from her chin to her forehead to the corner of her lips before pulling back, causing her to open her eyes in protest.

And yet, her complaints vanished in thin air at the emotions reflected in Jungkook's eyes (all so painfully evident) that Lisa couldn't care less for pettiness and leaned forward to kiss him herself.

To her delight, Jungkook didn't disappoint and responded with equal fervor when he spun her around, back to the countertop and mouth demanding against her's .

The sparks from earlier were now fireworks, sending shivers down her spine at their intensity as Jungkook worked his way down her neck, allowing Lisa to slip her hands underneath his shirt. 

Before she knew it, she was lifted onto the cool granite, legs wrapping around his waist and mouth trailing kisses along his jaw as Jungkook traced circles onto the bare skin above the waistband of her jeans.

Dazed by the feeling of Jungkook's hands on her skin, Lisa was mildly aware of the warmth spreading over her senses as she continued admiring his body—greedily latching onto all he offered with pleasure.

All she could register was Jungkook's cologne invading her senses and driving her to the edge, evoking her deepest desires and tempting her to act on them. By now, her eyes had noticeably darkened and Lisa's head spun at the sound of her lover's voice, wondering how he'd react if she tested the waters in the slightest. 

Too bad for her, it seemed that the irrational half had already made its decision from how Jungkook's pained groan reached her ears seconds later, snapping her out her trance and placing her into one of her greatest nightmares as she stared at the sight before her in disbelief. 

Jungkook's eyebrows were furrowed in pain as he peered at her in confusion, hand placed over his bare shoulder in attempts to cease the bleeding from the tiny set of punctures while the other reached out towards Lisa as if she wasn't the one responsible for his current state.

Lisa shook her head, eyes glazing over at the sight as a mixture of disgust and pity towards herself settled into her stomach and forced her to do what she always did when things went wayward.

Lisa ran.

.

This time, Jungkook didn't chase after her. 

Instead, he examined his wound in the mirror and winced after realizing its severity.

For some reason, he couldn't wrap his mind around what just happened nor bring himself to believe that Lisa would intentionally harm him when all his past experiences with her said otherwise. 

The fear in her eyes before she pushed past him left a bitter taste in his mouth, knowing that he had let her slip away but was aware that being impulsive now would only drive her further.

A genuine attempt at understanding her was the least he could offer.

But how? Truthfully, Jungkook wasn't so sure either but hoped that one day, the blonde would let him in with the confidence that he cherished her for who she was rather than what she may be.

If not, he supposed that he'd have to prove it to her himself.

❂✴❁✴❂

author's note: i'm sorry, this chapter was kinda messy. thank you for reading!