14: desire

Lisa would be lying if she said the thought never crossed her mind again. 

To be honest, it was difficult for it not to when it came to Jungkook, who thrived on intimacy and expressed it at any given opportunity.  Each touch ignited her desire to bridge the distance between them, encouraging her to take the risk before the moment passed and they returned to how they were. 

Lisa wondered if this was normal—to admire someone so close from afar—but knew that her fantasies of sinking her fangs into her lover's neck were anything but ordinary. 

He must be something, her friend Dara had whistled after she arrived at her doorstep one night, flustered out of her mind and eyes as red as ever. She couldn't help but agree as visions of Jungkook clouded her mind in every drop she drank from the woman's wrist, quenching her thirst but intensifying her longing for him.

Although Dara and her were childhood friends, having learned how to conceal their identities alongside each other, it was rare for them to meet often due to their busy schedules. For Lisa to arrive at her doorstep instead of remaining at Jungkook's place conveyed her affection towards him and its importance over her urges.

"You were the same way with Jiyong," Lisa hummed as Dara smiled at the mention of her husband, who despite being miles away on tour never failed to brighten her day. 

"I know," She agreed, recalling how she'd frantically call Lisa each time the charming singer made her heart race until finally, he caught onto her facade and insisted on claiming him for eternity. 

Seeing the pair so in love gave Lisa a silver of hope in spite of her refusal to ever subject Jungkook to a lifetime with her purely for her own satisfaction. Love was strange— capable of faltering like her parents' had—and behind her wish to see him happy was fear of ruining the relationship they shared. 

In a heartbeat, Lisa would accept fleeting happiness over his absence. 

.

After returning to LA and working through a week of draining final exams, Jin's birthday dinner arrived as a blessing and much to Lisa's relief, the event also marked the beginning of their college's winter break. 

While she actually enjoyed her classes and had no complaints regarding her major, sleepless nights and studying between photoshoots in the few moments she could manage had taken its toll on her health. 

Now, as she stood outside Jin's brightly decorated home with an equally eager Jungkook by her side, Lisa couldn't hide the excitement in her eyes. 

Greeted by Jin, himself, Lisa was surprised to find herself whisked away from Jungkook so quickly and wrapped into the girls' conversation as Jisoo began explaining her gift, evoking a series of surprised gasps within their circle at her boldness. 

While most continued to grill Jisoo further, with the exception of Chaeyoung who rushed to pay the delivery man at the door, Lisa peered into the living room at the sound of loud cheers and half-hearted bickering. 

As expected, the rest of their friends were celebrating with a Mario Kart tournament that seemed a little too competitive to be friendly but went on anyway. It was no surprise to see Jungkook on the winning end—it seemed that he had a knack for everything (as frustrating as that was at times)—but what took her aback was him meeting her eyes and blowing a kiss, enjoying the way he left her spellbound for a moment.

Reeling away and back towards the girls, Lisa fought the unreasonable heat that threatened to spread across her face at the trivial action.

Had Jungkook always been so confident?

.

Much to her dismay, it seemed that his persona would only intensify as the night went on.

In spite of her attempts to distract herself with conversation, Lisa was reminded of the previous times she'd caught Jungkook staring at her intently, lips curved ever so slightly and chin resting in the palm of his hand. 

The time he'd introduced her to his parents as his girlfriend, showering her with affectionate coos in spite of her initial shyness counted as one despite being more sweet than attentive. Another was when he attended her most recent photoshoot, eyes trained on her as she posed only for him to see in the comfort of her dressing room.

Lisa knew that Jungkook was more observant than expressive. That much was evident in the way his eyes would wander but his fingers stilled, hesitating against the limits and favoring comfort instead.

There was only so far that Jungkook would go before wrapping her into his arms and placing a kiss on her forehead yet, why did it seem that all those times he wanted more?

Unable to avoid his gaze any longer, Lisa turned her head towards him, eyes dropping to his lips as they finally lifted into a sly grin. Had she spent a second longer, she would have missed the flash of mischief in his face before he excused himself to the bathroom. 

Confused by the action, Lisa picked at her food in a daze. Had he just wanted her attention? 

As if an answer to her question, her phone buzzed in her pocket, causing her to furrow her eyebrows at the noise. Fishing it out in slight annoyance, surprised would be an understatement for how she felt when she tapped on the screen and read Jungkook's message.

"Meet me in five" He had wrote simply, fully aware of his effect on her.

❂✴❁✴❂

author's note: thank you for reading!!