11: immunity

It's unclear how these occasional visits slowly melded into their daily routine.

It seemed as if there was a silent understanding between the two that welcomed the other's presence. Rarely, a day went by where Jungkook would come home to an empty apartment devoid of Lisa, who found a way to make the space as cozy as her own.

It's a habit Jungkook mused as he peered into the room across from his, seeing the woman in question still fast asleep. It was a Saturday morning and contrary to most days, Jungkook felt awful.

It was a Saturday morning yet he'd donned his bright uniform and was prepared to work despite his migraine, hoping that the caffeine would help relieve it.

After all, tuition wasn't going to pay itself and he doubted his parents would be delighted to help him out with the holidays already so near.

He expected Lisa to be up anytime now and true to his words, the woman in question appeared mere minutes later albeit a bit confused by his attire.

"You're working today?" Lisa asked sleepily, tying her hair into a quick knot and sinking deeper into the grey comforter that dwarfed her body in comparison. Jungkook only hummed in response and handed her a mug, smiling briefly when she thanked him between a yawn.

"I'll be back by noon," Jungkook added absentmindedly as he placed his phone in his pocket and moved to slip on his shoes—missing the way Lisa's quick eyes caught the way his face contorted in pain.

"Alright," was all she could squeeze in before the ravenette was out the door with a quick wave, oblivious to the plans forming in his companion's mind.

.

Hours later, when Jungkook reached to ring the doorbell of the apartment (thoroughly exhausted and realizing he'd misplaced his key), he was surprised when Lisa's thin hand latched onto the sleeve of his shirt and tugged him inside.

"Woah," He mumbled, feeling his head spin—whether it was from their bodies colliding or from the way Lisa's lips brushed his neck as she giggled an apology, he wasn't too sure.

All he could tell from Lisa's bright smile, the apron tied at her back, and the streaks of what smelled like tomato sauce on her face was that she had a surprise in store and he'd be damned to let any of it go to waste.

Thus, naturally, he slung an arm around her waist and flashed a cheesy smile.

"So, what're we cooking?"

.

Turns out, there wasn't much cooking left to do by the time he arrived and despite his desire to hang around the kitchen like the persistent fly Lisa compared him to, Jungkook sat at the table and watched her navigate his kitchen even better than he did.

"I'm almost done," She commented, giving what he presumed to be soup one last stir, before grabbing two bowls from the top cabinet and using the ladle to begin pouring it.

"You were coughing all night," Lisa casually explained while nudging him to start on his share. 

Jungkook nodded. That made sense, despite it being difficult for him as a heavy sleeper to hear much of anything– let alone himself all the way in the living room.

At the first sip, he blinked in surprise at the spice and prayed that his ears weren't as red as they felt. Typically, Jungkook was more of a salt and pepper kind of guy but this–this was nowhere close.

Thankfully, Lisa didn't seem to notice (or at least she didn't make it very known).

"It's delicious," He smiled while secretly biting the inside of his cheek to refrain from coughing. "Thank you, baby."

And as fate would have it, the last part didn't go unheard that time.

Lisa's flirty wink served as enough proof of that.
.

"I knew it'd work!"

Lisa rolled her eyes half-heartedly when Jungkook's arms wrapped around her waist for a millionth gesture of gratitude.

"Thank you," He mumbled in the crook of her neck as Lisa ran a hand through his hair, thinking that the trouble she'd went to had undoubtedly been worth it. With Jungkook, everything was.

It'd been years since she'd cut ties with the other world–her world. In a time of growing illness with circumstances favoring a global pandemic, the importance of good health grew.

So naturally, she worried for Jungkook's.

"Hey, no," She intervened, stopping Jungkook's lips inches away from her own and watched as they quickly twisted into a pout.

In response, she simply smiled.

Lisa knew she wouldn't get sick–she couldn't. Lisa was immune to human disease but Jungkook didn't know that, much like he didn't know the reason behind Lisa's many differences.

It was a facade she had to maintain at any cost.

"Fine, be like that," Jungkook rolled his eyes, huffing before lifting his fingers to his lips and then placing them onto her cheek.

At his touch, warmth enveloped her body and for a split second she contemplated kissing him anyway.

"Happy?" Jungkook asked sarcastically, still unable to refrain a small smile from overcoming his features.

"Very," Lisa grinned back.

❂✴❁✴❂

author's note: it's been a while but thank u for everything!! i truly appreciate it all 💖